They’re will never believe in me, it hurts

From sammmy2000: So when I left my first college that was the dark times, seeing people parents were happy about them studying in college when I dropped out and failed hard… but I got accepted in a free college that were free, all I got was study hard and do this don’t that… and when after my first year when i did the impossible… there were none to be happy with… my dad just said just be done with your major and study something else… they don’t believe in me mom… I feel like I failed… here I’m laying in bed with all the thoughts… I feel like I’m on edge… and there no shoulder to lean on…

3 Likes

I hope you feel that you can lean on us. It really can be discouraging to struggle with academic problems.

Have you spoken to a college advisor? Doing so may enable you to find classes that you will do okay with. It was in college where I was diagnosed with ADHD. There are coping strategies, and sometimes even medications that can help. Of course, that may not be an issue for you.

Students frequently do change majors. After all, the only way to find out if an educational path will work for you is to try it.

If possible, give yourself a break. Let the thoughts go for a while. Get some rest. Very often, answers come to us once we stop struggling with our thoughts, and just give the mind the freedom it needs in order to find inspiration.

From twixremix: hey sam, it breaks my heart that you are still enduring this treatment from your family. it stings to not feel the support of your family. i know this probably doesn’t carry any weight but please know that i believe in you alongside your whole heartsupport community. thank you for letting us in on your journey with your education and obstacles with your family. you’ve gone through so much and i know you’ll do amazing things with the passions you have. keep moving forward no matter what others say to bring you down. you got this!! i believe in YOU!

Hey, we hear you in here.
One thing, you know, school is sort of a means to an end. Hopefully to get a few skills and abilities to help you move forward to better yourself in the long run,
But that is the point, it is for YOU!

Sure it involves a lot of seemingly (or maybe for real) stupid steps. Having had lots of school, I would tell my younger self; and you; to hang in, Do what you have to do to achieve the endpoint for you. I honestly had no one rooting for me either. And it would have been nice. But you know what? I am proud of me. And only I know what it took. And that makes me prouder. You stay your course and do what you need to do to eventually reach your personal goals, regardless of others. I think you are taking good steps. Be proud of you. (Tell me in ten years if I am right.)

1 Like

Hi there Sammy :heart:

First of all, I hear you and I’m here for you. Welcome to HeartSupport and thank you so much for reaching out to the community :+1:t2:

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a tough time and felt unsupported by your parents whilst studying at college. It’s important that you do have a support network and that you are supported in the highs and the lows of being a student.

Student life is generally very difficult. It’s fast paced, it’s often complex course material and long studying hours. Perhaps it wasn’t like that when your parents went to school or college. Maybe they didn’t even go at all, so they maybe don’t understand the pride it feels to pass a unit or semester.

I’m sure that there are lots of other people out there who are proud of you.

I hope this is helpful in some way :heart: