Things I am grateful for

Hi everyone :slightly_smiling_face:.
I wanted to do something a bit different today. Yesterday was not a super exciting day plus I felt numb and not too great. Now I decided to make a list of the things I am grateful for. This is kind of personal thing but you can stay and read. You might discover something you will like too. I deeply encourage you to make a similar list to remind yourself of these things. So without further adue, lets get into it :slightly_smiling_face:.

1. I like good coffee. Ok today I didnt make the best coffee but its still ok. I like all kinds of coffee but I almost always put sugar in it :upside_down_face:.

2. I like good music. Especially metal and rock music. This is my personal thank you to bands like Three Days Grace, Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, Breaking Benjamin, Sabaton, Trivium, Battle Beast, Billy Talent, Ghost, In Flames, Architects and many many others. You make my days SO much better :slightly_smiling_face:.

3. I really like tabletop roleplaying games. Especially DnD but I wanted to try others like Vampire the Masqurade, Shadowrun, Pathfinder and Starfinder. Also thank you to all the youtubers and streamers that make these games more popular and accesable.

4. I am so much grateful for the people I have met here on Heartsupport, many of which I have the honor to call my friends. Thank you @Micro for being there for me and for being such an amazing and supportive friend. You mean so much to me and this place would not be the same without your light :slightly_smiling_face:. Thank you @Mystrose for our great discussions about music and for being a good friend and a nice person that has an appretiation for bad jokes the same as me :grin:. Thank you @anon14688970 for being such a compassionate soul that cares about people and life in general so much. You are one of the most passionate and creative people I have ever met. Sending hugs :hugs:. There are many others that deserve to be mentioned but i dont want to make a whole book from this post so I am just gonna meantion you by name. Be sure that I appretiate you all so much :slightly_smiling_face:. @disabledmetalfan, @ Eloquent, @SuchBlue, @Lisalovesfeathers, @Sita, @echo, @Paladine, @ Wings, @blini . Thank you all for being amazing :wink:.

5. Computer games, books, netflix series and gereraly any other type of escapism activity that I do :grin:. I love the Shadowrun series, especially Hongkong and Dragonfall with their amazing soundtrack and story. I love the book Spellslinger series by Sebastien de Castel that is full of humor and wisdom. When it comes to Netflix, I have really enjoyed the miniseries Russian Doll and I am not ok with This. I have alsom enjoyed many anime series from which I will mention Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, the movie Vampire Hunted D, Noir, Soul eater, Cowboy Bebob, Code geass, Death Note, The movie Silent voice, the movie Your name, Mob Psycho 100, Black Butler, Trisckster… Ok I will stop I will stop!!!

6. I am grateful for my family even though they are far from perfect but I still love them. I also love my cats. The are super cute and fluffy :blush:.

Ok I should really start being productive today so I guess this is it for now. What are some of the things you are gratful for? You can comment them or make your own post if you want :slightly_smiling_face:. Its good to write these things down once in a while so you can look at them when we feel really bad. Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day filled with joy and love :heart:

10 Likes

I am grateful for you, for this uplifting post and for all the help and kindness you bring to us all. You are lovely, your jokes are just awful but you are lovely lol never change xxx

4 Likes

this is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing this, and for reminding us that gratitude is important and it helps feed the ole brain. I’m grateful for you too, above-or-below-me poster :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you @Sita, I am grateful for you too :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you @Ashwell for the reminder that even though things aren’t perfect, or even good sometimes, there are still things to be grateful for.

I am grateful for this community. It is great to see people leaning on each other, using their pain to lift one another up and their experience to offer a broader base, wishing better for their peers. Plus I’ve never had online friends before :smiley:

I’m grateful for the metal scene, for realizing that these people who listen to this “scary” music–and even the musicians–are a lot like me. It gives me a place where I can be unapologetically myself.

I am grateful for my wife, who continues to love and support me and show compassion, even when I’m down, even when I make mistakes. I don’t deserve that kind of unconditional love, and it makes me want to be a better man.

I am grateful for my dogs, who also show me unconditional love, and serve as a reminder to enjoy the little things–to play, explore, relax, and cuddle.

I’m grateful for my life journey. A lot of it sucked, but it paved the way for a lot of good things, and who would I have been without it? “If I could go back now to save myself the loss, substanceless character brought back would be the cost.” Things that suck now might be paving the way for a better future, be it in weeks, months, or years.

5 Likes

Thank you Ashwell, I have very much enjoyed our talks about music and also your company. You’ve helped me more than you know by just being there.

Remember, a joke isn’t a bad joke if someone laughs :rose:

4 Likes

Thank you @SheetMetalHead @Lisalovesfeathers @Sita @Mystrose for your beautiful responces :blush:. I am glad to know you all :wink:

5 Likes

I am grateful to know that you’re trying to be more productive after a bad day.
Im grateful for all of the people on here who remember me even if i’m gone for awhile.
Im grateful for how strong everyone on this site has been and how they continue to fight a battle they see no clear end to.

personal things i’m grateful for? extremely grateful for the amazing friends i have and the memories i get to make with them. grateful for a roof over my head and the food in front of me. i’m grateful i get to be alive which is something i don’t feel i could normally say. i’m grateful for knowing that there’s people who will lift me up and make me happy even when i’m in the darkest place i could be. i’m grateful for my dog and cats and how cute and loving they are (even if the dog is an asshole…). i’m grateful to say that i have a family i could rely on if i was ever in trouble. i’m grateful to this community for honestly saving my life a few times. none of you have any idea just how much it meant to feel like i was seen and somebody had cared about me during times where i thought nobody did. i hope everyone stays safe and gets to smile throughout the entire year, with a new reason to showing up everyday. i love you all <3

AND THANK YOU ASHWELL FOR MENTIONING ME :)) it always puts the biggest smile on my face when i get notifications like these. it overjoys me to know that i could be remembered by you

4 Likes

Hi Ashwell, thank you for sharing with us the things you are grateful for and I’m very glad that we were on the list too :slight_smile:

I’m very grateful for you too and I hope that today was a good day for you :hrtlegolove: keep being who you are, your jokes are okay :wink:

3 Likes

Awwwwwwww, Ashwell, thank you so much for mentioning me. This really made my day. I’m so grateful for you and all that you contribute to this community. You’re loved. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

I just realized that you have posted this… oh @Ashwell you are such a treasure. Thank YOU for being a part of my life. You have made me smile and made me feel seen more than you probably think. I’m so proud to know you and to call you my friend.

This gratitude list is absolutely amazing. I’ve had a hard time to reflect on those things, but might give a try to it soon.

Thank you for this beautiful gift, and for encouraging all of us to reflect on what makes our heart full. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.