Things were doing ok but are going downhill again

Things were doing ok for a couple weeks things are starting to go very downhill, im not safe alone again.I was 2 weeks clean from Sh an im back to 3 days i’ve had to lie about it because of my parents and i issues with my sh. i’m at the point we’re if i get left alone long enough i’m going to hurt myself. I can’t get any professional help because my parents think i’m an attention seaker.

3 Likes

hi there, getting professional help when you need is what you should access.
if they think you’re attention seeking, could you show them some websites (from known institutions, government agencies, etc) that have educational brochure for families of person who sh?
It may help them if they can read and realize that they are misinformed/ignorant. Hopefully with more education and awareness, they may be able to support you better through this.

If things are critical and you need help, call the emergency services. Don’t let your parents get in the way of you accessing the help you need to be safe.

1 Like

I’ve wanted to call 911 a few times but i’m to scared to bc of my parents

1 Like

Ask them if they are able to take a knife to their own skin and cut. Ask them if they know how much a person has to hurt in order to believe that slicing their skin open feels better. Ask them why they haven’t given you what you need knowing that you are self harming. Ask them if it’s ok to let your child hurt themselves and not take them seriously. Ask them if being able to cut yourself is even normal.

I’m sorry you have ignorant parents. I think @Sita has a great idea get info for them.

If you do not feel safe, call 911. You don’t need to be afraid of your parents.

2 Likes

Hey there,
Just got done reading your post. I’m glad you took the time to make it. It takes effort esp when you feel drained. You sound weary to me.

I think I also hear loneliness and hurt, and frustration, esp in regard to your parents, and maybe some fear that the SH may get out of control.

I’m in the process of reading Rewrite written by Ben Sledge. It’s a info/ workbook about SH. Are you familiar with it? It’s good, and may be a resource if you can’t get to counseling right now.

When I found out my daughter was cutting, it was devastating for me. I couldn’t comprehend the why of it. And I’m sad to say that I didn’t care for her well when I first found out. She has been SH free for a few years now, but still deals with underlying issues. If your parents can’t/won’t help you now, please keep posting here and seek out other avenues of help and support.

I believe with all of my heart that we all need attention! We all need to be loved and cared for! We need to known! Whatever your reason for SH it’s become a way that helps you at the moment, but it’s not safe for a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing some of your life here~

3 Likes

Parents are there to ensure their kid’s safety (up to the legal age).
If they cannot do this for whatever reason, including their own stubbornness or ignorance, then you have to get the help you need by yourself!

can you call a hotline to talk to someone who can help you work though this?

Thank you for being here with us, and we’d like you to stay with us.
Don’t let your fear of your parents’ reactions stop you from getting help when you need it.

3 Likes

It’s ok, and yeah i might show them the government things. i probably will ask my mom about the sh stuff since she said she has done it but i’m not fully sure if she’s telling a the truth

“I’m in the process of reading Rewrite written by Ben Sledge. It’s a info/ workbook about SH. Are you familiar with it? It’s good, and may be a resource if you can’t get to counseling right now”

I am not familiar with the the book

I will tell you right now that if your mother has a history of SH, then she would not tell you that you’re an attention seeker. She would understand.

Unless she did it for attention… :wink:

1 Like

I am right now trying to get my National hotline to work that i can call with someone to try to help me

You can find it in the Heart Support store or on Amazon.

1 Like

Crisis hotlines all over the world.

1 Like

Yeah true. My mom has been the reason i haven’t been able to get help tbh, i was post to be in a psych ward 4 months ago because of my Sh and suic*de attempteds. so if my mom did do sh she should be be ok with me going

2 Likes

Update on this, i did talk to a hotline they didn’t do anything, i might soon see if one of my friends can take me to the hospital that i can get the help i need that i can’t get with my parents

1 Like

yes, it is a shame that they’re being ignorant of what needs to be done, but i’m so glad you recognize that you need this step, I’m really very of proud of you for being so brave. Hope you can get someone to take you.

We’re here for you, cheering you on, friend. We love you and want you to be your best, healthiest version of you.

1 Like

yeah i also trying to get myself to a hospital because i can’t even eat so i’ve haven’t really eaten in 2-4 days

1 Like

How are you doing today?

1 Like

Hey, im doing a bit better not much tho

1 Like

Hold on tight to the bit better…keep going. I’ll check back with you tomorrow again~

2 Likes

good to hear there’s been a bit of improvement. Did you manage to eat something? Maybe drink a fruit smoothie or something like one of those meal supplement drinks like ensure?