Thinking about giving up

I feel like giving up. I don’t know what to do anymore. About a two weeks ago, i tried to overdose twice but it didn’t work, i haven’t went to the doctor or told anyone yet. I’ve been feeling really low. I just feel like sleeping all day today but i can’t sleep and i don’t feel like doing else so im forced to just sit in my head and think. I keep thinking about attempting suicide again. Im really tired and frustrated

2 Likes

Hugs Amaris. Thanks for sharing your post. I just had a shower and prayer and meditation. I feel like giving up and suicidal everyday but I am finding things that bring me joy and happiness. I talk to my soulmate everyday on multimedia and I listen to music. Prayer and meditation help change my reality and listening to yoga music something to look forward and coming here and posting.

1 Like

@Amaris

Can’t tell you how many times I have been there. And I (personally) feel like not knowing what to do is one of the toughest places to be. The things that you’d normally like to do when you’re not in this space…do they no longer hold appeal? Is there anything you haven’t done in a while that you’d maybe like to revisit to see if that inspires some hope?

I know it kind of sounds like the same things we hear all the time, but sometimes, I like to try and find new ways to look at it. It’s tough, I won’t lie, but it can work. And if you aren’t able to, that’s also okay. I understand that, too.

I like to look up inspirational mental health memes and quotes. I work a graveyard shift, so I have a lot of spare time on my hands. And one pic I did find, I love and live by for right now. Allow me to share the wording of it with you.

“As someone who has been living with severe suicidal ideation my entire life, I want to tell you all something. You don’t have to stay alive for yourself. People will say it’s a bad idea to live for external things because they’re temporary, and it’s true, living for yourself is ideal, but if you’re not to that point yet, that’s okay, too. I’ve lived for my dog for the past 4 years, before that, I lived for my snakes, and before that, I lived for my cat. You can live for whatever needs you and whatever matters to you. Live for your best friend, live for your plants, live for your pets, live for your animal crossing town. Live for whatever keeps you alive and the day will come when you can live for yourself.”

I hope that that inspires you in some way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.