Thinking too much

Early this year I lost 2 friends. One of them to head trauma after falling and then the other to suicide. They were both dating, Karma… she was my best friend and Quemi I don’t know as well but she was also amazing. I often stayed up late to talk to Karma before she went to school as we had a 5 hour time difference. I fell in love with her personality, but we would never work out. She was lesbian and I’m gay. She introduced me to some of my favorite music and God damn I miss her. She was so kind and funny. I wish I could’ve said goodbye and I wish I could have been there to help her. The world is a darker place without her. We met on discord, she joined my server and she was an extremely talented musician and artist. I think a lot about her and miss my best friend. She truly was my best friend. I’m struggling to cope with all of this at the moment and I’m not sure what to do. Some advice on how to move forward would be appreciated.
For those wondering she introduced me to Bob Dylan - One More Cup Of Coffee (listen to it on Spotify, the YouTube versions suck).

Firstly I am sorry that you had to go through with this losing someone is never easy. But neither is moving forwards.
The first thing you need is closure saying goodbye is always hard but it will give you peace. I see you remembered that she introduced to some new music and made you happy. Never let go that feeling. She will always live on in your heart and in spirit.

I just want to remind that I am here and time heals everything.

Hold fast

1 Like

I’m sorry about all of that. Loss feels impossible to overcome, but we have to remember all the good times with the other person. It sounds like in the case of your friend who suffered the trauma they are in a better place now. Even though it’s so horrible that the other felt the need to take her life - they are together. Looking over you. Protecting you. Remember all your good memories with your friends. It might be an idea to look into grief counselling as I know it has helped so many.
Keep reaching out here - write letters to your friends on the days you feel you need to talk to them. Even speak to them out loud the same way we speak to God. They’re looking over you. They won’t let anything happen to you. Keep coming to the wall. It’s always here for you.

Hold Fasr
Kayla

1 Like

Hey @StHaTaDi-Ethan,

I’m terribly sorry to hear about your friends. My girlfriend lost her former husband last year due to heart failure, and she told me that what helped her a lot was getting looped into seeing a professional counselor to talk to. In the meantime, know that your friends wouldn’t want to see you sad. Remember them for the good times and know that you’ll see them again someday. You’re strong! You got this.

-Eric

1 Like

@StHaTaDi-Ethan,

First, I want to extend my deepest apologies for you and the loss of your friend you cared so deeply for. No matter the situation, the thought of losing them and missing their essence and presence here on this earth is so challenging and difficult.

Second, as you continue to mourn never let her spirit and her memory die. Continue to keep it alive. Relive and reenact some of your fondest memories with her. This can help with keeping the greatest of times alive in remembering as well as keeping her spirit and what she meant to you alive.

Third, continue to mourn. Mourning is so important when it comes to healing. Take your time in it, don’t ever let someone rush your mourning, but remember to not get caught up in the mourning being the main part of your memory of her. It is not meant to sound harsh by any means, it just simply is a reminder that she was so much more than her passing away. From what it sounds like, she had a vibrant spirit, musical talent, and she obviously made a tremendous impact on you. Embrace it and help her life live on by sharing that with others.

Lastly, again I’m so sorry for your lost. Truly. Please let me know if there is anything you need or simply someone to talk to. I’ve experienced a lot of loss in my life mainly from family so know to an extent of what you are going through. We are here for you! Continue to fight and may her legacy live on!

-L

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your friends. It’s so hard when the people we love are taken from us. There’s really no quick fix to grief. You’ve just gotta go through it. If it gets really bad, I think seeing a professional or finding a grief support group could be really helpful. The most important thing is to not be alone through this. Grief is overwhelming enough without isolation. And trying to remember the good things about your friends and the great times you’ve had with them can help too. Their memories can live on through you and the other people who love them. I’m sorry you’re going through this, I know it sucks and I know it hurts. But you’re still here, and you’re gonna get through this.

1 Like

Friend,

I am deeply sorry for your losses- my condolences go out to you and their loved ones.

I know that losing loved ones is so hard; I have never lost a friend in these ways, but I know it must be so hard.

I want you to know that even though right now is rough- things will get better. Please know that even though they are gone, they still love you, and they want to see you succeed. They want to see you happy.

I know it’s hard, but things will get better. Grieving is necessary, and please know it’s OK to cry.

We love you, we are here for you, hold fast.

With love,
Lyss (your old pal Blurryface)

1 Like