This is crazy

I’m now currently helping a CE O who is running for gover nor. He is entrusting me With advice on discussions and choices for his campaign and his public relations. He’s the C EO of the one of the most advanced body arm or companys in the United States. It’s like overnight I found myself at a point Where everything I stand for ethically and morally are in line with a career. He has spoken of Having a position in his company for me that I have admired since I was young and has inspired me since I was a kid. Yet, now he has asked me If I would give HIM The honor of helping him with his campaign. I am so in shock of what all has happened I have no words. Anyone who has followed my heart Support posts Knows my life is probably the most extreme example of a pendulum swinging back and forth and back and forth. And now I feel like I have a cause that I can put every ounce of my moral, my ethical, my political, my spiritual, my professional and my occupational Support into. And it’s not just throwing a couple bucks at some candidate, it’s LITERALLY ME sitting at a desk with a pen and paper, full pot of coffee, half smoked a pack of cigarettes, on the line with a CE O and potentially a future g overnor. Excuse my language, but what the fuck is going on? How the hell does something like this just happen? I’m asking for any support you guys can offer and any advice you guys can offer to me in this time. Because being asked and even considered to help someone run for one of the most significant and important positions in the United States government is one thing but being asked to do this at the age of 20 is an entirely fucking different ball game.

2 Likes

Hey @dampbread,

That’s some great news! It seems like a golden opportunity that really suits who you are.

I totally understand why you can feel so much pressure on your shoulders right now. Even for jobs where there may seem to be fewer issues, it’s always stressful to start something new, to meet new people and build new landmarks. But this will be okay, friend. If you’ve been asking to occupy this position it’s because you have the skills and qualities for that. As for any job, there are some things you will have to learn, but that’s perfectly normal. You are not supposed to know everything and be fully competent from the beginning.

Moreover, the perspective of this new position seems to suit you to a more personal level and I have no doubt that this element, in particular, will motivate you a lot to invest yourself in this. You definitely can do this! And it will be a very rewarding experience for you.

2 Likes

To me this seems like one of those risks that should be taken because the reward can be much more then the fear of not being able to do the job. I would suggest to give it your best go. Congrats and stay strong in the fact that your worth it and that you got this.

Hey @dampbread! I’m not familiar with your story, but I’m glad you came here to share this :smiley:

I’m so happy for you! This is amazing news!

The nerves sound to me like a totally normal response - and a good sign that you’re willing to treat this with the seriousness that it deserves. I’d rather have someone like you, nervous about doing a good job because you care so much about the outcome, than someone who just shows up for the paycheck.

I’m sure it’ll be hard, but I can’t wait to see how you’ll rise to the challenge :slight_smile: If I’m wrong about the nerves and they get in the way of you enjoying your life, or in any case, I’m here if you’d like to talk :heart:

Go you!