This-nurse-has-seen-enough-grief-throughout-my-car

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/36544
This nurse has seen enough grief throughout my career to last a lifetime but these last few years have been really difficult. Let’s hug it out Saturday!

2 Likes

Not being a nurse myself, I can only imagine the amount of stories, hurt and painful situations that you are meant to see or learn about. The work that you do is so very special, and I hope that through all the pain and ugliness that it can bring, you also manage to embrace the life that comes out of it. You stand by the side of people during vulnerable and significant times of their own journey. That is such a very special gift that you offer. But your well being matters as much, and I truly hope that you find time for peace, rest, love, joy. Sending virtual hugs your way today. <3

1 Like

edit: meant to say your well-being* of course. <3

@heartsupportwall5 thank you for your kind words. This pandemic has shaken us to the core & I’m not sure we’ll ever truly recover but we have learned & grown.

1 Like

Hello Friend, I cannot imagine having been through what you and all other medical care workers have over the last few years, I have worked in care, in nursing homes and in respite care for people with HIV and Aids back many years ago and that was hard going but compared to what you have witnessed and had to manage every day with little knowledge of what on earth was going on, how to successfully manage it doesnt come close. I think you and your colleagues from all over were and are absolutely incredible.
I seriously hope that there is an option for all nursing and other careers to now have some free talking therapy if they would like it, its the least the government could offer?
Thank you so so very much for all that you have done and are still doing for all of your patients, You are called angels for a reason.
Please feel free to come here to Heartsupport when ever you wish to talk about anything that is playing on your mind and will do our very best to support you as much as we can.
Much Love to you. Lisa. :green_heart:

https://forum.heartsupport.com/

2 Likes

The pandemic has been such a slap on the face to everyone, but it has been so brutal for people who were every single day on the front lines, just like you. The amount of grief, stress and trauma it has brought is certainly immeasurable. My heart goes out to you and this burden is felt through your words.

As you have said though, there has been space for learning and growing. Maybe, just maybe, there will be space for healing too. I’m sure you have seen through your career situations were people have built resilience beyond imagination. Throughout the waves of brutality that this world constantly brings, there is a silent strength that is held within everyone of us. I wholeheartedly believe, without an ounce of doubt, that it is in you too. May time, patience, kindness and LOVE be the best allies to you. So that one day you could look back and feel pride for all that you’ve accomplished, all that you’ve given to people. That you could see it all and embrace it through the burden of grief. <3

1 Like

It’s hard to willingly, day after day, head face-first into trauma. To know that giving to others, doing your duty, living your purpose, will come at such a high toll to you personally. It shapes you in beautiful ways - honor, integrity, sacrifice - but it also takes from you - security, comfort, peace. The duality of it is hard to express, hard to live out, but at the same time extremely rewarding. It’s weird to live in such a hot-and-cold environment all of the time, but it is also something by now you accept and embrace.

1 Like

you’re definitely right that the last few years have been so hard. I want to thank you for all the work you’ve done. I’m sure there’s been countless over time hours and a lot of heartache involved. It is something that will sit with us for a very long time. I’m thankful that people have nurses like yourself by their side x