Thoughts

How can someone claim to love somebody so much but leave like it’s the easiest thing to do…
When you claim to love someone so much, how can you walk away like it was the easiest thing in the world to do…

Because while shes out here living life, shes happy not giving a damn about me…

I’m stuck sitting awake at night thinking about her. missing her… needing nothing more then her to come back telling me shes sorry, she loves me and missed me…

what will it take to finally let go…

I dont want to feel like this anymore, Grieving over someone that’s still alive is one of the worst pains someone could ever imagine…

Every memory of her is still in the back of my mind, I try to search for her in anyone i meet… I want her, I need her, so why do I not have her…

4 Likes

Yeah, it really sucks to go through that. It’s happened to me a couple of times, and yes, the grief is often compared to the death of a loved one. I’ve spent many months feeling emotionally debilitated. However, grief is a process which eventually becomes manageable, and periods of happiness become possible again.

It sounds like your love for her was much deeper. She might not even know how to love at such depth, even though you may have been convinced that she did.

I did the same thing, searching for someone similar to the one I lost, but then I realized, if I actually found someone like that, there was a very high risk that I’d end up losing her as well. I think it’s okay to look for similar good qualities, but eventually, I became grateful for the differences in the person I ended up being with.

Hi, thanks for sharing,
I’m so sorry to hear that you have been going through such a hard time. The emotions you are feeling are valid and, understandably, letting go of someone you love is difficult, it might be helpful to reach out to loved ones for support. It takes time to move on after a strong emotional connection, and self-care and reflection are common steps in the process. While giving yourself time and space to grieve, concentrate on starting over and discovering new interests and fulfillment in your own life. Lastly, do activities that you love, take yourself out for lunch or dinner and do what makes you happy.

Hi @Bow,

I know those emotions that you are going through. It’s okay to remember those precious memories. Friendship & relationship comes and goes. However, you will need to moved on. I used to be in your situation. The more you think about the past, you will be stuck and feel sad. I tell myself one day there is someone going to be that love and support you. I hope you are able to take care of yourself.

1 Like

Hey Bow,

I’m so incredibly sorry you’re going through all of that. I never understood how someone can just disappear from someone’s live without even a small inkling of what’s going on. I’ve been through that situation, and also have had friends go through that and I agree, it’s one of the worst pains imaginable. As @Alisha_Sheikh said, loved ones could be a huge help for you in this regard, because you can regain some of that care and love that you feel like you lost. Never lose sight of the great person that you are, and do what makes you happy.

Will you ever erase them from your memory? Probably not.

Is that a bad thing? Also no. People are in our lives at certain times to kinda teach us life lessons and give us a little thing that we can carry on. I’ve learned a lot from my best friends but also the people that hurt me the most. But you get better because of those situations.

You’ve got this <3

I don’t really have any loved ones to help me out with anything. My family is very self centered and care about nothing and nobody but themselves. I miss my ex so bad… not as my girlfriend but as my best friend… yes she was my girlfriend but she was also my best friend… before anything else she was my best friend… and through the last four years with her all I did was be with her and I grew attached and I had formed her into my everyday life. So now that she isn’t in my life anymore I have this big space missing in my day. And I have nothing to fill it with…

Hi, It’s great to see that you are still here talking to us. It’s ok if you are not so close with your family you can continue to reach out to us and we are here to help you. I get that you miss your ex as before but you know that you guys are over you need to find someone else to confide in whether that is another friend or therapist. You have to close the chapters from your past to make new chapters for your future. Remember that you will find another girlfriend and that big space missing in your day will be filled with someone else.
Do things that make you happy and slowly start to heal.

Hello! Thank you for sharing… I know it might be difficult in grieving for someone who you think you’ve lost forever. If it’s meant to be, things will happen on its own. For now it’s all about yourself and self-care. There are over a billion people in this world and one is lucky to have you by your side. In this case, it is unfortunate that the relationship has not stuck out but I do know that you will be okay. You will be okay. You are strong and you can do better. Do things that you love and find your strength back within yourself again. Try new activities, go to the gym, and best of all, distract yourself and GROW!

Keep us updated :slight_smile: you will be okay