Thrown away burned to ashes

Everything I own is now thrown away, sold, burned, or in a stupid fucking backpack. Everything I own was destroyed or thrown away by my parents while I live in a motel 6 and work 80 hours a week. All my poems, drawings, books, writings, journals, uniforms from the army, photos of friends that are no longer alive, vinyls, laptop, clothes, it’s all gone. Just thrown away like it didn’t mean anything, like I didn’t mean anything. Is that what parents do? Just give up and run away with little to no reason. Just give up and set fire to all of your sons belongings while he lives in a fucking motel 6 struggling to even get by? I’ve been sober for 2 weeks but I just wanna fucking give up. I’ll neber know what a family is

1 Like

You are NOT WORTHLESS. The mind that created those wonderful works, the body that fitted into those uniforms and served the country and survived, the photos of the man who stood with his friends IS STILL HERE. Although that is super crappy what your parents did and you did not deserve it, you are not defined by their their actions, but by yours. You will have your own family where you will know how to parent better than them. You also will meet others you can call family if you haven’t already. Your story matters to me so don’t give up brother. Keep fighting the good fight. And if you want someone to talk to, or check in with I’ll be keeping up with you.

Jesus that sucks.

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Loosing all of that stuff must have been really painful. I really hope you are able to stay sober. As @marxlaworiginal said, you are not worthless, and you are not alone.

I will keep you in my thoughts.