Time will help you heal

Hey there everyone, I’ve been posting here and there for a while now, and I wanted to say it gets better over time. This has been a safe space for me, for quite some time, and while normally, I post something about shit going wrong or bad in my life, I want to say, y’all have helped me through a lot of rough times, and I’m grateful for it. At the end of May last year, I was working a dead end job, burying myself in work to run from problems, and tore my meniscus and acl. I was also processing a lot of emotions towards my father and my ex’s. When I was told, I couldn’t work for them anymore until I was fully healed, I got super depressed and came here, to vent. Instead of hearing the normal shit, I was hearing like you can’t even lift a package right without hurting yourself, so that makes you the dumbest person ever, y’all embraced me and helped me through it. When I was starting to get suicidal, again, y’all were there to catch me, and help me. I’ve been working in therapy, to process everything, and things have finally started to look up for me. I have a girl I’m talking to, who’s the most supportive person, I’ve ever known. When I told her that I think I was bi and wanted to experiment, she encouraged me to try it, and wanted to hear all about it. I’m getting sober, now and learning that drowning emotions in booze, just makes shit worse. I got a new job, where I’m treated as a person, and I’m getting 36-39 hours a week. I never thought that I would ever have that. I’m so grateful to have this platform to write about my issues, and know, I’m not alone, and you all will be there. Also, if someone reads this, and isn’t comfortable sharing, on a platform because, they’re not sure how it’s gonna be received, I’m willing to give my cell or email out, so I can talk to you and try my best to help you out. Y’all are the best, and I’m grateful for every single one of you all.

4 Likes

Wow Bcrit,

This is amazing. I remember reading/responding to some of your older posts…to hear that my words, our words had an impact on your life and helped give you the boost you needed to keep going through a dark season – that’s incredibly humbling.

Also – major congratulations to you on all of the amazing progress in your life…yes, relationship, yes work (and plenty of it!), and also, the huge work you’ve been doing in therapy digging into your heart…investing in yourself…that takes huge guts, and I’m super proud of you for doing that and not giving up on yourself but believing that you can enjoy life the way you hoped you could…validating that your emotions and pain and story and heart matter. Love love love this.

Great work friend, congratulations, and thank you for sharing with us :slight_smile:
-Nate

2 Likes

@Bcrit

Thank you for sharing. If you want to share more, this forum is still open. God bless you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! Congrats on the new job! You should be proud of how far you have come! I am so glad that this community has been there for you and I am thankful that you are a part of it. We will always be here for you.
Hold fast,
Hannah Presley

2 Likes