Today is the big day

Guess its time for another update. As I’ve stated in the last few posts. Today’s the day i move back with my mom… Im holding up great so far. Im ready for my life to improve. I am going to continue my journey to find a job and once I get one that’s when I am going to start my journey of getting my own place.

One thing that ik is going to change is ik im going to be a bit more busy there the next few weeks between job searching and helping her out with her daycare. I am also going to finally get the ball rolling on starting therapy :raised_hands:

The thing that still makes me alittle unsure is I still don’t quite know how everything is going to play out. She hasn’t yet told me a whole lot about the phone situation. Im nervous i might not be able to keep in touch with my friend anymore bc she is going to say no to that (Could just be me overthinking it but ill find out tonight) Im bringing alot of things for emotional support like my soft blankets, squishmellows, sensory design wall, fidget stuff etc, to help me through the anxiety and stress that will come with all these changes. So hopefully whatever happens ill be ok.

I reached out to my friend last night bc I had a huge breakdown after action group (last minute jitters) and he gave me some positive outcomes that will make all this really worth it in the end. I have been just trying to think about that and trying not to stress too much.

Thus begins a new journey…Wish me luck…

6 Likes

it was so nice reading this post because it sounds like your friend really helped you be able to have some positive focus from all the worries. I’m proud of you for starting this therapy journey, and I do hope that you start to feel that the stresses and anxieties become easier to manage. I know that doing something new like starting therapy and moving to a new house can be overwhelming, but I do hope that it brings some refreshing changes for you.

6 Likes

Andy, how did the move go for you? How was your first day? I know it’s going to be different and take time to settle in and get into a daily pattern. I’m glad you brought things with you that will help you cope with the stress of change. It’s good that you have a plan for things you will be doing now. And I truly hope that you will put getting into therapy at the top of your list. It’s so important to invest time into yourself and your mental health. I’m glad it’s part of your plan. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

6 Likes

Hello Andy,

It’s good to read a post about things starting to look up. Take it one day at a time. Find moments in each day that you can focus on that brings you some happiness, either big or small. New adventures can be exciting & fun. You got this!

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Hi Andy, Im guessing you are probably back at your Mums by now so its day one Andy making improvements for the rest of her life, I am really looking forward to hearing all about your therapy and new job, it will be lovely to read all about all these new ventures so yes indeed Good luck to you. Lisalovesfeathers.

6 Likes

Hi Andy, I’m so happy that you’re going to start therapy. I really think this will be good for you. All you have to do is be open and honest with your therapist and not keep any secrets. Let them know everything you are feeling and thinking. I’m glad you were able to talk to your friend and he was able to help you stay positive, what a great friend. Let us know how you’re doing. ~Mystrose

6 Likes

Hi Andy,

We’ve bumped into each other a few times in Twitch chat, and I know from what you’ve shared how hard living with your Dad has been for you. It’s such a positive step to finally get out of that situation and I’m genuinely happy for you. I’m also so proud of you for taking steps towards therapy; that’s also huge! I may be misremembering, but I think, like me, you have Autism (?) If I’m right, remember to take this big change at a comfortable pace. I don’t need to tell you how much big changes can overwhlem us <3 It sounds like you’re organised and have thought about everything you’ll need though, which is fantastic.

Good luck in what I truly hope is better chapter of your life for you my friend x

4 Likes