Tough times

this has been a tough year for me as im sure for some others on here too. me and my fiancé lost one of our dogs in jan after a valiant battle with cancer then two months later we lost our second dog to the same cancer and then the virus hit and now our wedding is in jeopardy I recently moved in with her and it had been very tough to adjust my mood goes up and down im trying to stay positive work has been unfun I don’t know why I am miserable there my boss lets be do a lot of things and has treated me very well but I just can’t seem to stay happy I fell like im always losing ground in life and just wanna throw my hands up and say you win universe it so tiring.

1 Like

Depression and anxiety don’t need a reason. It’s been a stressful year for everyone, and that carries over even into positives in our life like work and relationships. It doesn’t have to make sense, and most of the time it doesn’t. If depression and anxiety made any damn sense, we could figure them out and rationalize them away.

Like you, I’ve been unhappy at work lately even though I love my position and have a great boss. I’m burnt out. You can’t just snap yourself out of burnout. Take a wellness day if you’re able. I took off this past Wednesday and did nothing all day. It helped a lot, and broke the week into two 2-day weeks.

As for your wedding, that sucks big time. My brother had to cancel his wedding, and my heart broke for him and his fiance. But they found an officiant and a nice park, and got married on their intended wedding date, and they’re rescheduling their reception. As much as it hurt the rest of us that their wedding was cancelled, he and his wife understood that they couldn’t control that, but they could control when they got married. The collapse of a wedding ceremony shouldn’t change your love and your intentions toward your fiance. It’s a really important day to celebrate your love, but it doesn’t define your love, and if you keep each other in focus, you can get through this.

In these uncertain times, it’s important to hang onto the Serenity Prayer: Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. You can’t control the world being shut down, but you can choose to love your fiance. You can’t control your dogs passing away, and that is heartbreaking. I hope you can find peace and calm. You can’t necessarily control your depression and anxiety, but you can talk to people like your fiance, a counselor, or the people here to try to sort out what you’re feeling and ease your burdens. Stay strong, man.

Thank you man I’m trying it harder some day but I’m trying to keep pushing

1 Like