Toughing It Out Isn't Working

So I am sitting here trying to find some sort of joy right now but I feel like I am stuck in this cycle of malaise and boredom. I starting to no longer enjoy things like I am running on a treadmill. It’s a lather, rinse, repeat sort of feeling. I don’t know if this because of the pandemic or just life in general.

3 Likes

Hey @hufflepuffbruhv

It sounds like things have become very monotonous. Like you’re just existing rather than living. Given the state of the world right now and how much it has changed, and in turn forced us to change because of this pandemic it makes total sense for you to be feeling this way. You want to find things that bring you joy but the cycle of boredom and malaise is so strong and consistent it’s hard to break free of it.

This all takes it’s toll and things you used to find joy in no longer have any appeal. Depression and isolation can set in and make things that much harder to find that desire to find things you enjoy. I would encourage you to maybe try doing small things each day. Even if it is one small thing everyday that helps you feel like you are taking care of yourself. Things that give us joy do not have to be anything huge. They can be as simple as listening to your favorite artist, watching a movie or tv show you like or even eating your favorite food. I think doing small things each day for ourselves is so important especially now because when life seems so monotonous and we are no longer sure of what brings us joy, sometimes doing the smallest things can kind of remind us of that. Plus we are taking time for a little bit of self care along the way as well which is always an important added bonus!

Hold Fast,
Hannah

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.