Traumatized from my ex...Possibly found someone else?

My ex and I met in 2017 and he was my first love. We broke up due to his mother being in an abusive relationship but got back together in October but I found out I was pregnant in late September with his baby. He changed completely and was very abusive. When his paycheck was shorter than normal he put it out on me. He had drinking issues (keeping in mind he is 16). He would yell at me and constantly stress me out. At 3 months I had a miscarriage and then he broke up with me because his mother found out about the baby. He said that’s why he treated me like he did. Yet he was so excited he was picking names out and clothes out. But I eventually ended up in the hospital for 2 months and got out doing really good! I’ve been living the single life but I’m kinda lonely yet when I try getting close to someone I run off because I am scared. I finally met Sam. He treats me so much better than my ex but the thing is…he looks like my ex. But in a good way I guess!

3 Likes

Hi @babyoreo2k21. I’m sorry to hear about all that you’ve been through. Being abused, having a miscarriage, losing someone you love are among the things you mentioned. That’s a lot to go through.

It sounds as if you’re still pretty young, and I hope you know that you have your whole life ahead of you to build your life into what you want. Try to take things slow, and remember that it takes time to truly get to know someone and build enough trust to help with any insecurities you may have.

Keep sharing as you need to, we are here to listen to whatever you may need to talk about.

~Daisy :heart:

2 Likes

Try to remove your ex from your life, forget about him. Focus on your new and better friend Sam.

2 Likes

Sometimes, whether we realize it or not, we have a physical type. Just because Sam looks like your ex doesn’t make him your ex. If looking at him triggers flashbacks, that’s something you probably should see a counselor about.

Otherwise, proceed with caution, but don’t look back. There’s nothing behind you but your previous toxic relationship, so march away from it. Keep the lessons you learned in mind, watch for red flags, and don’t rush into another bad situation; but hope and optimism keep you from getting stuck and move you forward, so keep them alive!

2 Likes

Sam ended up not being a good person :disappointed: but an old school friend from 2nd grade got in touch with me again I am hoping for the best.

Your ex sounds like a momma’s boy lol

Don’t think about a partner so much and you’ll find someone eventually through fate

Best wishes

My most recent post may explain why im seeking a relationship. I have never really been “that pretty girl” and so I thought he was the one but I was wrong… :point_right: :point_left:
And yes he was, excuse my mouth…100% bitch made!

remember you are loved, and remember to live in the moment darling <3 take off those rose red sunglasses and see the bad that he did to you as well. Self worth goes a long way.

2 Likes