Troll update

so one of the trolls said that they’d stop targeting me… I think as long as I stay quiet. I’m guessing this means if I stop commenting and replying, which I most definitely will. Even if this is the case, I’m just happy it’s over. Yes, I admitted that I also did some wrong in the situation, and I did. I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did. The doxxing and threats were probably just reactions to how I responded.

3 Likes

It’s good that it seems over. I really hope it is! You know the saying - “don’t feed the trolls”. People who targer someone online unfortunately keep onliving thanks to their reactions and responses. The best reaction (and actually the only one they deserve) is to give them the silent treatment - as long as they are not threatening your life either, which is a different level of things.

It’s good that you’re aware that you might have done something wrong. But, I want to emphasize the fact that the issue was and remains the doxxing and threats at first. If someone doesn’t want to deal with upset reactions from someone else, they just shouldn’t annoy them in the first place. Just the language they use, “target”, is off limits. Sigh. It would be great if people stopped usin online interactions as if it wasn’t happening like in real life, with real people.

In anycase, I hope you can find some peace now. That they will leave you alone. Your response there is very thoughtful and mature. I think we could all use that kind of example in our life. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like