Back to heartsupport

Trying out a safety plan

HeartSupport Safety Plan

Hi, since I relapsed the other day and could have actually died… I… I feel guilty and I’m going to make a safety plan for next time I feel this way. To remind me of living and for the sake of my family and people I care about.

STEP 1 - Warning Signs

Signs that a crisis may be developing (thoughts, images, mood, situation, behavior).

• Sign 1 - Zoning out for long periods of time
  • Sign 2 - Random crying
  • Sign 3 - Searching up sharp objects and flashes of images of them crossing my mind

STEP 2 - Internal Coping Strategies

Things I can do to take my mind off problems without contacting another person (relaxation technique, physical activity, etc.)

• Strategy 1 - Sleep
  • Strategy 2 - Get headmates to discract me
  • Strategy 3 - Watch TV or reach out to family

STEP 3 - Worth Living For

Things that are most important to me and worth living for (these can be big or small, anything from loved ones to your morning coffee)

• Live For 1 - My mother
  • Live For 2 - Myself and trying out cotton candy flavours lol
  • Live For 3 - My headmates
  • Live For 4 - My sister’s future child
  • Live For 5 - A future pet

STEP 4 - Supporters

People whom I can ASK FOR HELP (friends or family who you can call at anytime for support)

• Supporter 1 - Kio
  • Supporter 2 - Mom
  • Supporter 3 - Syra or other headmates

STEP 5 - Professional Help

Professionals or agencies I can contact in a crisis

• Name & Number of Clinician - dunno
  • Name & Number of Local Urgent Care Services - dunno
  • Preferred Crisis Service (Choose one of the below)
    • (Text) Crisis Textline - text HOME to 741741
    • (Call) Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
    • (Text) Trevor Project LGBTQ+ - text START to 678678 :heavy_check_mark:
    • Other (explain)

STEP 6 - Safe Environment

Things I can do to make the environment safe

• Safety 1 - Leave the room
  • Safety 2 - Take meds and sleep immediatly

STEP 7 - My Signature

By inputting my forum username below, I am committing to utilizing this safety plan in my next high intensity moment when I need support.

@Systemofconfusion

3 Likes

So, so, so proud of you, @Systemofconfusion. This is such a brave step that you’ve taken. What a beautiful and powerful way to stand up against dark thoughts, to learn from your relapse and turn that experience into something healing. You are deserving of love, care and safety. Well done, friend. And thank you for inspiring me personally to keep filling mine even though I’ve been struggling with it. Your strength is seen, your resilience is beautiful, and your vulnerabiltiy is inspiring. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Congratulations on doing this, on holding yourself accountable! I’ll consider filling one of these out, although maybe modified because my crises no longer spark suicidal ideation. Thank you for taking the lead on this for the community!

3 Likes

System of Confusion,

This is AMAZiNG. Way to go! You are taking active, measurable steps and created a list of resources to help you if you were to have another episode. This is amazing work!! Keep it up <3. Those are beautiful reasons - to remind you of living and for the sake of your family and people you care about. These are incredible tools and strategies. well done :slight_smile:

warmly, Dot,

1 Like