Trying to make it work

So my wife and I were about to separate until recently. She came around and agreed to at least try to make our marriage work. And that has brought me so much peace, however now that I know we are both seeking the guidance of God, Therapists, our church family, and our biological family I can’t seem to let it be and just let her work on herself and her feelings towards our relationship. She has told me that my trying so much is starting to irritate her. And I just feel so helpless in this fight. I feel that I try so hard because when I do it keeps my mind at rest. But the waiting and silently working on ourselves is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Hey there,

I am happy to hear you are seeking God and looking to Him for guidance during this time. It must be discouraging to be trying so hard and be told it is irritating. I would encourage you to give it to God and know that just as He is working with and through you, He is also working with and through your wife. Although the waiting and working through your struggles is difficult and stressful that you are able to find peace in the knowledge that God will guide both of you through this process. Rest in His strength and trust in Him. We are here for you and believe in you!

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

Hey friend.

Praise God for his provision over your marriage. That’s so wonderful that you guys are seeking good and godly counsel! Thank you for sharing this with us.

It sounds like you’re wanting answers/change from your wife now that you’re seeking counsel and ways to fix your marriage. And that is completely understandable. I think that it’s very normal to want to see change right away, but I think that things like this take a lot of time to process. I completely agree with Hannah, I would just encourage you to take all of this to God and to pray about it. I know waiting is hard, but God has something great in store for you and your marriage.

Hold fast,
Hannah Presley