Trying to stay positive

Met this girl a few weeks back through bumble. We talked and met up and went on a date. And we chatted for a few hours and it was awesome. And now we talk everyday and she said she would like to go on another date and is happy. The only thing that scares me is that I get scared because every time I meet someone and it’s awesome in the beginning for one reason or another they change their mind or what ever and decide to stop wanting to see or talk to me. But it seems like she really likes me. I don’t want this to be like the others.:sob:

1 Like

Dating can be scary. It’s tough because, in order to find love, a good relationship and make a connection, we have to take risks. We have to risk the chance of it not working out. But if we allow our previous failed relationships to scare us from trying again then we rob ourselves of finding love.
I know it’s scary when you have had a rough history with relationships or feelings. When it feels like history repeats itself. I understand! I hope for you that things work out and you see that you are worthy and deserving of love and happiness. Just know that even if it didn’t work out that you are still a valued person. You are still important. You are still worthy and deserving. Dating takes time and sometimes several tries. But don’t let it stop you from taking the risk and chance. No matter what happens, good or bad, you will find someone that works for you! You will find happiness.
Just make sure that you are open minded, honest and go in with good communication. These are things that help a relationship function. If you can come in strong and mutually put effort in those things, then dating and relationships have a good chance of working out (:
Talk about what you want and look for in a relationship. What makes you happy. Your ideas and dreams for life. You obviously don’t have to talk about marriage and kids when you just started dating. Haha, but be open with who you are and what you want to be. What the future looks like for you. Or at least what you hope it looks like. It’s how you know what you have in common and if you have similar ambitions. It’s how you build a good solid relationship. Obviously that all doesn’t have to come right away. Early on it’s just about getting to know each other. But honesty, communication, trust and open mindedness is a sure good way to give yourself a head start

I’m rambling. I wish you the best of luck my friend. You are loved and valued!

• Kitty