TW:mention of being asked for sexual images

I had been friends with this guy for a while when i joined his server. His friends from school were in the server and some other people too. i made friends in the server, even some amazing ones like this girl who bought me a game just so we could play together.
anyway, one day him and one of his school friends asked if i could join vc, i just guessed they wanted to listen to music together as it kinda became my thing always being in a vc vibing to music whilst doing work or while my friend was falling to sleep in the vc and wanted company.
we chatted for a while and listened to some music when suddenly out of the blue the school friend asked me for nudes. i thought the friend i had known for a while would stand up for me and say that was wrong, but instead he joined in. his excuse being “it was just a joke”
i left the vc but i didnt leave the server because i didnt want them to have a sence of winning.
recently the school friend started talking to me in the general chat like nothing ever happened, he even tried to call me earlier today.
i just cant believe he thinks it is ok to do these things.

sorry if this didnt make sense but i needed to get it off my chest.

4 Likes

Hey Panda,

All of what you shared makes sense, no worries. Whether it was really a joke or not, it’s inappropriate to say that kind of thing out of the blue. Your reaction was absolutely valid and you can be proud of yourself. You’ve listen to your limits and had set a boundary at the moment. This kind of situation can make us feel shocked and freeze, just because we would have never imagined to face that. Though whenever something or someone makes us uncomfortable, it’s okay to stay away from them/it.

@Anonymone has a good point there regarding the server. How are you feeling about being there after this happened?

Whether you decide to stay or leave there or even to talk to this friend or not, know that any decision would be valid and need to be respected. Do what’s okay for you, always. If someone doesn’t respect your discomfort despite being clear about it, then it’s okay to stay away from them too.

You’re loved. Keep us up to speed on this situation if that’s okay for you. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.