Tw: Unalive mentions | I can’t handle it anymore

im about to just give up on life. It’s all too much. I feel so numb inside. I can’t do it… idk why I feel like this but I just feel lonely, yknow? I haven’t hung out with my friends from school in a year and can’t because everyone is so busy. They’re the only friends I really have other than my family, and even my family is busy.

3 Likes

Hey, thank you for coming here to share this. You’ve come to the right place :heart:

I can totally understand why you’d be feeling lonely after what you’ve just described. We deeply need to spend time close with people, especially people we trust, and it sounds like you haven’t been able to catch up with your friends or spend much time with your family for a long time. That must be painful! How could it not be?

When people get busy and drift it’s really hard to cope. I can definitely empathise with how you’ve been feeling, I’ve absolutely been there. One of the awful things about loneliness is that it can make you turn on yourself as if it’s your fault that you feel this way. I promise you, just in case you need to hear it, that it’s not. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do anything to hopefully make it a little bit better. I think the best fix is to try to get around the people you love as soon as you can. Are there friends or family members you’d feel comfortable reaching out to today? It may take some organising, but maybe you’d be able to catch up with someone you haven’t seen for a while. Even some back and forth messages might make a world of difference, depending on what you’re feeling up for.

I really feel for you when I read how deeply you’re being affected right now. I know that overwhelming numbness well. I hope you know that there are ways out of this. What people deserve when they feel like this is love and support, and you’re no exception, so it’s a very good thing that you’ve come here to talk about this. The best remedy is up-close care, though, so does anyone close to you know how you’ve been feeling lately, and would you feel comfortable sharing it with anyone? You deserve to have your needs known, and maybe they’d be there to help quicker than you know it.

You will always have people to talk to on here. We’re from all over the planet so most of us aren’t physically close, but it’s possible to form very close connections on here all the same. I definitely have. With us around you’ll never be alone. If you want to talk more about anything, we’ll be here to listen!

Sending hugs. You’ve got this friend.
Ricky

2 Likes

I agree with what Rick has written. Loneliness can be devastating. Are there other people nearby who are also lonely? Where are your friends? Can you join in and do whatever they’re doing? I imagine a lot of them are trying to earn a bit of money. Maybe some are taking classes. Maybe some are gaming. It’s worth a bit of thought.

Don’t give up. You’re just getting started. As lives change, friends come and go. I think maybe you’re in the stage between some going and some coming. Be patient, but also do what you can to get yourself into circumstances that make socializing possible.

You can handle it. You’re much stronger than you realize.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.