Tw: unalive mentions | Why

idk what came over me tonight on my way home from work… I had such an urge to speed up and hit into things… as well as to hit things on the side of the road… I had to force myself to not do it… I think I’m just tired and that’s not helping my depression (wasn’t officially diagnosed but I feel as if I have it)… plus the break up…

5 Likes

Hi Friend, I’m glad that you didn’t give in to your intrusive thoughts, because they are JUST thoughts. Everyone experiences them on some level and they don’t always make sense. The way I handle my intrusive thoughts it to acknowledge without judgement as just thoughts and try to distract myself. If you’d like to talk more about your break up, we will be here to support you. You matter! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Hey Friend, Thank you for your post, These thoughts that you had can be quite frightening and overwhelming if you are not used to having them but I can reassure you that this albeit strange is just that “a thought” its nothing more than that unless you choose to act on it which of course you didnt and hopefully you never would, its no different a thought that thinking if you are going to have beans fo dinner tonight, the only reason it feels bigger is because if was negative and different from your usual everyday thoughts, brush them aside, see it as it is (just a thought) and move on with your day. I hope that helps friend. I know its a worry when you are feeling low but its ok, you are doing ok. Much Love Lisa x

3 Likes

hi alex,

thank you for sharing this with your heartsupport community, my friend. i’ve absolutely been in your shoes with intrusive thoughts like these so i understand the fear and even confusion you’re facing. i know a good majority of people also face these scary sudden thoughts like we do so please don’t feel alone in this experience, it is normal! i’m thankful you kept your car stable to not speed up and hit things though. i think the damage you would cause yourself, other drivers, and those you love and care for outweighs any of the “satisfaction” your intrusive thoughts lead you to believe will occur if you act on them. i believe a lot of it does have to do with the root causes you point out of exhaustion, depression, and going through a break up. i hope you are able to take time for yourself to truly rest both your mind and body. whether that be through solid nights of sleep, relaxing with your favorite hobbies or activities, or a combination of those, please put yourself at the priority right now. please let me know if you need anything, my friend, i believe in you to make it out to the other side!

love,
twix

2 Likes

Hello Alex,

I know that you have had a lot of things on your shoulders lately, but please know that you are allowed to give yourself space for kindness & grace. Give yourself that space. It is not selfish. You have to take care of yourself. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to yell in a safe space. It’s okay to be. One of my favorite sayings is: “You cannot pour from an empty cup.”

You are strong. You are valid. You are amazing. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Hey Alexgamer,

I am so sorry to hear that you’re going through a hard time right now. Intrusive thoughts like that are never fun to experience like that, but I am glad that you seem to understand that they are coming from a place of stress, depression, and exhaustion. And not from a rational place. Keeping that fact in mind is key when experiencing those. They are just thoughts. Being able to share that experience is a great sign as well. It sounds like you have more on your mind that is weighing you down. I hope that you can speak with friends, family, and/or trusted people about it. Help process what ever it is you’re dealing with. As, as always, we are here if you need a supportive ear. You matter, and you are loved, friend. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.