Ugly and unlovable

I’ve made a post similar to this already, but things have been really bad lately and I feel like nobody understands.

I’m a teenaged girl, and I’m about 10-20 pounds overweight. 5’4 and 140 lbs. I absolutely hate how I look. I try starving but my mother finds out and makes me eat.

I feel like crying every time I look at my body. I’m terrified of mirrors, food, and scales. There’s not a single day I don’t think about my weight. I want to hurt myself.

I don’t think I’ll ever have a girlfriend. Who would want someone who looks like I do? Nobody. I’ll just be alone forever and never know what love is like. I don’t know what to do. I wish I could just disappear.

Why should I live? What’s the point?

Hi friend

I understand that being overweight can leaving you feeling like your ugly and worthless. I know this as I was overweight for a lot of my growing up. Some of it was due to medical. I know when you’re at school that kids can be really mean and cruel and convince your mind that you aren’t good enough and not worth loving. But all of that is lies and not true.

How you look and how much you weigh does NOT make or break your worth. Nor does it define who you are.

You matter my sweet friend. You are important. And you deserve love as much as the next person. Sometimes finding love can be hard and take a while. But you are still very young. Love will find it’s way to you. Focus on the things that make you happy and bring you joy. On spending time with friends. Hobbies. Family. In time love and relationships will naturally take their course.

There are a lot of people out there who would love and want you. You may not feel like it, but it’s true. Like I said, it sometimes takes time to find them. I know that I spent a lot of years and a long time feeling just like you.

Be gentle with yourself. You are loved
-Kitty

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Hearing from kind, supportive people helps. But I still don’t get how anyone could ever be into me. Could you explain this?

That’s a normal feeling. One that I carried with me through school and even into my adulthood. It’s something that is a part of us struggling to love ourselves. Our insecurities and lack of self confidence. Those things are hard to have when you feel so low about yourself.

I know what it’s like to look in the mirror and not like what you see. I’ve been there.

But you have to understand. You are deserving of love from yourself too. Love yourself my friend. Even when its hard. Know that you hold value.

You don’t have to look like the girls in magazines and movie covers in order to be wanted.
I am actually overweight still. I have PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) and I weigh about 250 lbs. I’m a curvey woman. I felt like Id never find someone who would truly love me for who I am and see beyond my weight. But I actually have a really amazing partner. It took a long time before I found him, but the point is I did. And he reminds me every day that I am important.

You can have this too. You may not find that person right away, but it doesn’t mean you wont. You are very young. A whole life time ahead of you. Life after highschool. Whether you go to college or not. Your entire young adult life.

You may feel like someone wont be into you. But that doesn’t make it true. That’s your insecurities telling you lies. And that’s okay. Just remember to remind yourself that you more than your insecurities. Its natural to have them though. But you don’t have to go at them alone. You are welcome to join us on discord if you haven’t already. Where you can talk to people about it when you are having a hard time <3 https://discord.gg/Fnn5Rcz

I’m going to leave this here. Check it out. Follow the channel <3

Sending you love, friend.

2 Likes

I’m overweight. I stopped weighing myself, honestly. I’m 5’6" and I think around 290lbs?
I know I need to work on losing weight, and I plan to do it. It’s just a hard thing, and takes time and effort. I have been in a 2 year relationship, and was always worried that he would just stop loving me because I was gaining weight. He hasn’t.
You will find people, friends and romantic partners, who honestly just like you how you are. If anyone doesn’t like you because of how much you weigh, you don’t want them in your life anyways. Everyone deserves a good life, regardless of the number on the scale. Weighing more than someone else doesn’t make you any less worthy than them.

2 Likes