Unsure of my self

I’m still battling to get disability but it’s alot of waiting and I just hate that most my days are spent doing nothing I get my chores done then that’s it that’s the productive apart down I hate that I’m in this position where I don’t have things I can do to keep me busy I hate that getting a job scares the piss outta me and I just wish I could get on with my life

3 Likes

Hey @Derpplup

I’ve been on disability since 2007 and didn’t work for all of 2006 because I was in and out of the mental ward, rehab and lots of other chaos. One thing that has helped me not go nutz because I’m home pretty much all the time is having a routine. You can have your chores and stuff like that, but you can also have a routine for self care and doing things that keep your mind active (hobbies, games, exercise etc). When you get all your chores done and end up just sitting there with nothing to do, it can really get you down. Keeping yourself active really helps.

I’m scared of having to get a job too, but I got on disability on my first try and they have never had me re-evaluated, so I guess I’m too far gone or something lol.

Anyway, hope you get an answer soon.

1 Like

Yeah I have things I do after my chores but it’s hard to feel like ime doing anything because I’m constantly worried what my family thinks

What does your family think? Are they not supportive?

I think it’s normal to feel anxious about all this because it’s a big deal. I hope you hear good news soon so your fears are calmed.

Well my mom dosent care one way or another cuz I’m " figuring out things my self" and my brother who when I first told him I’m doing it after having a panic attack at work that almost ended with my in the e.r. said " well I hope your doing this for the right reasons and not cuz you don’t wanna work"

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.