Update #8675309 (see what I did there?)

So I’m figuring this is a great time to give a bit of a life update. So as far as milestones go I just had my 4th appointment with my disability program and I’m going to be working with them to not only help me get a job but finally get my driver’s license. I am going to be working through a vendor to help with job development (update on that soon) So I finally have a plan put in place on that.

I am excited to finally get the ball rolling but disappointed at the same time as it wasn’t in the way I wanted it to go. I am also a bit nervous on how well I’m going to do too. Ik with me being autistic it takes me alot longer than the average person to adapt and adjust to new things. So I do worry about the stress and anxiety that comes with that. I am also very happy that the process is being as slow as its going bc tbh if everything was all happening at once I would be stressing even more. So have a bit of mixed feelings there.

As far as my friend goes I finally explained to him the truth on why I get the thoughts and feelings I do. Thankfully he did not get mad. He understood and assured me that he has a ton of patience and he would never do anything to abandon me. Since then he’s been checking in on me the exact way I did for him when he was going through hard times. So everything seems to be working out there too. I just feel the more he understands the better situations can be handled so I do want to get in the habit of helping him understand things a bit more often.

That’s my update so far more updates coming soon.

8 Likes

so good to hear from you and to hear that things are coming together with your program and finding work! I imagine it’s been stressful trying to get that process happening. Take your time and keep expressing how you’re going with your support networks because you don’t want to get too overwhelmed and feel like you just have to deal with it.

I’m so glad you were able to talk with your friend and let them know more about how you feel. Opening communication can be tough, but in the end it’s always something that helps.

4 Likes

Hey Andy, Thank you for this update, thats wonderful news, keep moving forward, one day at a time. stay positive and open with your friend and you will be fine. Good luck with a job and your Drivers licence. Im proud of you. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

4 Likes

Hey Andy,

It is so great to hear from you. And wowza, such great news! So much good news, growth, and progress makes me so happy :hrtlegolove:

A ball rolling (roughly) in the direction you want is a huge victory. We can’t always determine when or how that ball rolls… but it is a victory non the less. It may continue to take efforts to keep it moving in (roughly) the direction you want it to, but the hard part is over. “Objects in motion tend to stay in motion”, if you will.

You got this, friend. Keep your head up and smile. You’re smashin’ it :hrtlovefist:

4 Likes

hi andy,

it’s been awhile since we’ve connected so hi again, my friend. thank you for posting this progress update. super proud of you for the steps you’ve taken with your disability program to secure a job and score a driver’s license. that is awesome!!! i hear you on how this wasn’t exactly how you thought things would happen but hey, you got to this point and i know things will keep moving upward and forward at this pace. i’m glad things are paced in a less overwhelming manner because it’s definitely understandable that everything happening at the same time would be wild to manage!

i’m super glad your friend reacted in the way he did, he sounds like an awesome friend and i’m happy y’all can communicate openly! all in all, this update makes me so happy to read after following your story for the past year. things seem to be going well and that is just…. such a gift to see. thank you again for sharing your progress update and for working as hard as you are to have made it to this point. hope to hear more updates soon!

love,
twix

3 Likes

Hello Andy,

It’s good to see you & hear such a good update. It’s so encouraging to have some exciting things come your way like the driver’s license & your job development. I am so thankful that you could open up to your friend & have a conversation as true friends should have. It can be scary at times to open up to people, even if they are your friends because you are unsure how they will react.

New things have their fair share of being exciting and intimidating, but I believe that you will face them with grace & bravery. You are rather brave to face all the things that you have been facing lately. Keep going. You got this!

You are strong. You are amazing. You are brave. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Hello, Andy! I was so happy to read this positive post from you and it looks like things are really starting to look up for you which makes me so incredibly happy.

I hope everything with looking for a job and getting your license goes well so you can start feeling more independent and fulfilled. You’ve always been an amazing person but I know how much you have wished for these things to happen for yourself.

Regarding your friend: having those kinds of important conversations can be so difficult but with outcomes like the one you had they are so rewarding as well. I’m so glad you received that understanding and confirmation that he will not abandon you. I bet that felt so amazing to hear. I’m just so incredibly happy for you right now. This gif was literally my internal reaction while reading this post.

I hope things continue moving forward in amazingly positive ways for you and I hope you keep us updated on all of it. You are awesome! :hrtlegolove: :ok_man: :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes