Update: a little happier

THEY FINALLY MESSAGED ME BACK

Turns out they were busy, but we got to talk finally.

I think they still care.

But I have a weird fear based off past experiences.

Everytime fall season comes around, my relationships/friendships start to shake up and eventually die and break off.

I hoping this friendship makes it through fall and winter because for whatever reason I’ve always had that pattern.

That’s why I was scared. I thought this process was happening earlier for me and that I was gonna lose everything again.

I am always praying and hoping for good holidays because things haven’t been good during those seasons in my life.

3 Likes

The more I get closer to August, the more anxious I might become

2 Likes

Hey there @Amaris,

Good news then! More often than not, our fears make us imagine the worst while there plenty of rational reasons for someone to not connect with us, or the way we’d like to. I personally am on both sides of the situation. Sometimes my anxiety makes me second guess so much everything I do or say that I expect people I care about to just dump me at some point and hate me - truth is, I’ve always been proven wrong on that matter. On the other side, I’m also quickly overwhelmed by social interactions and need to communicate at my own times, which is sometimes taken as a lack of care or attention, while of course it’s not the case for me.

There are lessons to learn from these situations, especially when it turns out that our fears where taking too much of our energy. What could be some steps to take for you if you dace the same distress/anxiety in the future? I would like to encourage you to think about it, because if it stems from personal fears then you are likely to meet those situations again of feeling pushed away or ignored while it wouldn’t be the case. Now that you’ve seen those patterns, it’s important that you start learning to ride those fears and rationalize your thoughts when it hits you the most - both for you personally/your peace of mind, but also for your friend so they don’t feel like they would have to communicate during times when they may not be able to.

In anticipation of August, I hope you’ll also take good care of yourself. Remind yourself as much as needed that this year is a new year, this season is a new one, and there is no objective reason to relive the same type of events over and over. There are things to be grateful for today, and fears to learn to quiet down, little by little. I believe in you. :hrtlegolove:

I’m glad they got back to you finally. This is what I was talking about. They didn’t message you because your friendship was over, they had a real excuse of being busy.

I bet all those fears you had yesterday about this are washed away now.

I really hope that you watched the video that I shared with you in your last topic.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.