UPDATE: Getting Results

"I’m about to have my official evaluation to see if I am on the Autism Spectrum.
It’ll be like a 2 hour session, and it starts in 37 minutes, I’m literally sweating right now I’m so anxious.

I hope this goes quickly. I hope it’s not really as nerve-wracking as I’m anticipating.
:persevere: "

UPDATE:
Thank you SO MUCH for all of your support and kind words on my original post.
I wasn’t able to view the stream today due to a work meeting, but I cried tears of happiness when I saw the clip and how much everyone wanted to help.

I wanted to give an update on how my eval went, and let you all know it went really well (I think? Lol).
It wasn’t too difficult, and I actually ended up laughing so hard tears were forming while trying to complete the one assessment, because it was a verbal one that threw me for a loop.

The psychologist was super patient with me and really encouraging. She didn’t rush me through any of it, and made it kind of like a game, which helped it feel less stressful for sure.
Overall, I have NO idea what the results will be, but I will be waiting a few weeks before I find out.
I’m definitely a bit anxious for the results to come, but I know that it will be worth the wait, because I really am excited to know myself better.

I’m so sad I missed the stream today, I would have absolutely loved to let you all know how it went then and there. Since I couldn’t make it, I made a donation on the Heart Support website :heart:

Thank you so much again for everything, you all are amazing and so supportive, and I am so grateful to have found this amazing community.

I’ll keep everyone updated

7 Likes

hi @bluejay_18 !

this is AMAZING! i am so incredibly proud of you for walking into that evaluation and taking a huge step in learning more about your amazing self. i’m also so thankful that this heartsupport community can remind you of how loved and valued you are and how much so many people believe in you. i am just SO happy the test went smoothly and i can’t wait to hear updates on the results!

never forget that you have so many people that have your back as you continue on in your journey to discover more things that make you the person we all love and want the best for. thank you for being in this HS community, my friend!

love,
twix

3 Likes

Hey @bluejay_18
I replied to your post earlier and I so very happy to see this update I cant tell you.
The evaluation sounds like it went so well and the fact that the psychologist encouraged you is fantastic.
Its completely understandable that you are anxious about the results, that’s perfectly normal but yes it is worth it, this really will make a massive difference in your life and I cant wait to hear the next chapter in your story.
Thank you so much for this update.
Take care friend and thank you for sharing your life with us.
Much Love
Lisa :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for these updates. I am so glad that it went okay and you were met with care and understanding by the psychologist there. It’s a bit incredible sometimes to see the difference between the level of stress we had about something and how it really went afterwards, isn’t it?

You’ve been very brave for doing this evaluation despite the anxiety! Now, no matter what the results will be, you can still and always count on us to support you. I hope the outcomes of this evaluation will help you find some clarity and to move further in your life. :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.