Update on my life

Recently life was ok for a while, but this last week has hit me so hard. I had a close friend for over a year and a half that I asked out and she said no. It hurt, but what hurts worse is that she won’t talk to me now. I told her it was fine and that we could be friends still and she agreed, but when I confronted her about her not talking to me anymore she said she was stepping back from things and isn’t talking to others as much. I hope it’s the truth but I doubt it, she hasn’t talked to me and I’m so worried that I don’t have her anymore. The same thing happened a year ago and it messed me up so bad I had just recently gotten over it, and now the cycle restarts. I started counseling with a pastor and it has helped a little bit. What I think my parents don’t understand is that I need medical help I think. I can’t go a day without feeling just anxious or feeling like I’m just so much less of a person than others. I see how people have good friendships and relationships. I wish I could have that so much. I miss my friend dearly and hope she will talk to me soon. I think I will ask my parents if I can see a doctor to see if I can get more help. I hate asking but I’m not stable and I’m trying so hard to not make an outburst. I just feel pressure.

2 Likes

Hey there @Fuzziestofponds I’m sorry about your friend, I’ve been through that before and it sucks a lot. If she said that she’s stepping back from other people maybe you should reach out and make sure she’s doing okay because withdrawling from things could be a sign that she’s going through something herself. It’s important and really good that you’ve already started some form of counseling, that’s a great first step. I’m proud of you for asking for help, it’s not an easy thing to do and I really hope that your parents understand and help you get the help you want and deserve. Hold fast friend.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.