Update on my struggles

Well update. I last posted a year ago. I got divorced on the 9th, its been the hardest thing I’ve been through. I didn’t leave because i didn’t love him but because i didn’t love myself with him. The past abuse he put me through constantly had me in a suicidal mindset. I’m still severly broken but I’m trying to put my life together. I’m medicated and I’ve recently started school. I’m trying to move on but I’m still struggling with anxiety and depression, meanwhile he’s moved on and is happy. I’m trying to find my self worth and love myself one day at a time. I just wanted to say thank you for giving me a safe place to vent and receive help. I’ll be forever grateful for the love and support I’ve received. :black_heart:

4 Likes

Hey @Bay,

Congratulations for your progress, really. Your message is so honest and beautiful. Thank you so much for taking the time to share those updates here. :heart:

I imagine that leaving this abusive relationship could have been a very distressing and confusing decision, but what a powerful one. You took a right decision for your health and safety. The path you’re walking on right now might feel uncertain and fragile sometimes, but you really are building some solid foundations for yourself. As you said, one day at a time - so important to keep this compassionate mindset with yourself. You’re growing, learning, healing. That’s beautiful.

Whenever you need to talk or be heard during this journey, you know you always have a safe space here. You are loved so much. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that. I appreciate your kind words so very much. :black_heart:

1 Like