Update/vent

Hi everyone.

I wasnt really sure what category to put this. I ultimately decided on Journal because I dont desperately need support, just want to vent about my night last night and this morning so far, and give some updates on myself and Kiera and our physical health.

Kiera is doing great. She is army crawling now and can bring herself to a low sit while holding herself up with her arms. She continues to be open minded about baby food. She also has 4 teeth now.

Im learning now more than ever that I cant continue to push myself too hard.

I had my 1st physical therapy session yesterday after work. The therapist said I have notable weakness in my extremities and my hamstrings and left calf are bad. She was able to feel the bad vertabrae in my lower back that makes it hurt to walk on occassion. Shes having we do stretches and strength workouts

I have to wait for insurance authorization for more sessions… worst case scenario when I renewed my benefits for next year, I found that my company now offers supplemental insurance for critical illnesses, including Cerebral Palsy. So I might need to pick up therapy next year but then I should be fine. I am so sore from yesterday and I feel like I didnt even do that much. Even with my muscle relaxers.

My husband is having a bad day at work today and is on the verge of a meltdown and its only a couple hours into the day. Meanwhile, its 2 hours into my shift also and I havent been able to get much done. Bruce pooped in his cage and smeared it everywhere. I found out a bowl of cereal got spilled all down my side of the couch and now there is some stuck to the floor. I managed to vacuum a bunch out from under the counch and from behind the seat. Had to move the couch to clean under it. I just put Kiera down for a nap.

I feel so worn out and sore.

3 Likes

I wish I could give you a hug! I’m glad to hear the good news about Kiera.

Did the therapist give you some written instructions for things you could do at home? The trick is to get just the right amount of sore, rather than extremely sore. If you push just a little bit beyond your comfort zone, you will feel it, but it should be tolerable. If you try to do too much, then it takes so long to recover that much of the benefit from the exercise is lost.

Kids and pets are great at making messes. One day, my daughter made such a horrible mess, I thought about filing an insurance claim! Oh well, now I can tease and embarrass her about it.

I hope your husband is no longer upset.

I didn’t receive any instruction or paperwork as far as stretches go. I wish i did. Oh well. My husband didn’t seem too upset when he got home last night.

Today has already been worse. Im usually asleep for another hour but Kiera was crying, got up and my worst fear finally happened- she rolled so much last night she got her feeding tube wrapped around her neck.

1 Like

Did the tube remain in place? How long will she need it?

Yes, the tube was in place. She will need it for an indefinite amount of time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.