Varghon Fan #2

I want to be able to support my friends, and help them through hard times in their life. I am more if a background supportive type, and being stuck inside has changed all of that. I now have to use words only to help and support my friends and I feel so clueless and like the things I say don’t matter, because this is so far out of my comfort zone and gifts. I just want to help.

2 Likes

Don’t feel like you have to give all the answers, that is something I felt so much when people would share with me. Listen to them, acknowledge what they are talking about and help to validate their feelings. Sometimes simply checking in and asking how they are or even sending a funny cat pic will make them feel loved.

1 Like

You’re a very caring and supportive friend. And that’s awesome. Quarantine changed a lot of things in the way we all interact with each other, but we can still stay connected and support each other through different ways. As @Love said checking on someone is already a lot. You can also send them some photos, do a video, dedicate and share a song with them, to create something for them and send a photo of it (something meaningful for example, related to a good memory)… There are still a lof of possibilities. It requires to be a little more creative, for sure, but we’re lucky enough to have all of these tools at our disposal.

It’s very very kind of you to wonder how you can support your friends. Don’t forget that your first resource is yourself. Who you are, how you perceive the world, your personality. The very fact that you care is already a lot.

:hrtlegolove:

1 Like

You have a huge heart to want to help your friends despite the current circumstances, and I hope you keep that wonderful trait for the rest of your life. Like @Love and @Micro mentioned before, seemingly small simple gestures of support and help can have a deep impact to the receiver without us knowing how impactful it was at the time. The best thing is to continue showing that love and support, and never give up on it. The fact you care about them and show that you care is more than enough, no matter how small or large the gestures are. You’ll know what to do or say, or when to buckle down and just listen. It takes time. You’re doing great.

2 Likes