Wage War_fan 234

After my brother committed suicide & I haven’t done much with my life since. I keep trying but I always feel like I go 10 steps forward & 1000 steps back.

1 Like

:frowning:

I’m so sorry about your brother. That’s so awful. I can only imagine the pain and grief that you had to go through.

Have you considered finding a therapist to help you work through your grief and help you work on goals for yourself so that you can have someone offer guidance and some sort of direction? Maybe this could help you get on the path you want to be on.

I hope it gets better my friend. So much love to you

• Kitty

This is so hard to hear and first let me say I am so sorry for you lose. Losing a loved one in general can be really blowing it puts a stop in everything and just moving forward feels wrong. I lost my grandfather to cancer. You could of lived just a few years longer, but when we dwell on things like this it does no good for use in their memory. Pushing forward and falling back doesn’t mean we are failures which you are not. We are just living life like everyone else. Pain leaves the opportunity for healing. See I like to use the analogy that you are basically walking in a field of mud. You are walking torwards that dry land and you can see it but you fall down back in the mud and feel it will never end. But i am hear to say that you can get back up and walk to the dry land. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes hard sweat. I promise you that you will reach that 1001st forward and you will look back and go wow i have come so far.

You are not alone in this.

Hold Fast
Morgan
HS Intern

1 Like