Wall Appreciation post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make this post as an appreciation to the fine people here at the forum helping people out. I noticed recently that the forum is busier than usual and has a lot of stuff going on, and generally a lot of people right now are going through a transition period in their lives, whether it could be their first year at school or college, maybe moved out. Other people might be having a stressful time and are continuing to have a stressful time, such as the brave men and women in the front lines in the hospitals fighting Covid-19. I decided it would be a great idea to make this post as a way to say thank you to the fine people on this forum and in the discord server, because regardless of all the stress and pain, you fine people still go on and you at least deserve some appreciation, and thanks for what you do.

Tag or ping someone you appreciate here on the wall or even the discord server if they have a wall account. You could also mention what do you love about heart support and the forum and people in it.

Have this nice picture as a conclusion to this post.

14 Likes

Honestly if I pinged every person that has helped me this would be a really long list so I’m just going to say a thank you in general to everyone who has helped me list the ones I can remember. @Micro @Ashwell @disabledmetalfan @Mystrose @Kayleigh.xo @nyntje @Wings @anon14688970 @Lisalovesfeathers there are many more but I don’t want to ping the entire wall. Thank you all for helping me and helping others.

9 Likes

Aww @Paladine we are here for you and you’re doing so well! I’ve only guided you and made suggestions, you’re the one that’s made the changes and helped yourself. Do you remember almost 2 weeks ago you were counting the hours, then the days? and now you’re almost at 2 weeks!! You’re the one that has done all the hard work my friend, I’m proud of you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are so kind, its been an honor to be able to be a very small part of your life, as Kayleigh says, it is you who has done all the hard work. You have done so much in such a short time its astonishing and yes we are all super proud to have seen it happen and to call you a friend Paladin :heart:

4 Likes

@Lisalovesfeathers and @Kayleigh.xo thank you but this is an appreciation post so get appreciate. Haha but seriously thank you guys and list anyone you want to know how thankful you are.

4 Likes

This is difficult because there are so many but here are a few and if I have missed you then I still appreciate you immensely, I just didn’t tag you. @twixremix @Micro @Wings @Mystrose @Danjo @mishsim You are all such a massive inspiration to me and I admire you so much. :heart:

10 Likes

@everyonewhospostsivereadandeveryonewhohasrepliedtome

9 Likes

Thank you Paladin. You know that we are here for you. You are going through some tough times and you need the support so we are here to give you some :wink:

5 Likes

If I were to ping every person here who has helped me and others it’s gonna be a long ass list. So I’ll just ping the ones that have helped me and personally reminded me of the good in life:
• @Wings
• @Micro
• @Ashwell
• @Pengyou
• @SheetMetalHead
• @Mystrose
• @Paladine (I’m so proud of you >w<)
• @Dot
As for heartsupport itself, I love this community because it gives me a little bit more hope in humanity, and reminds me I’m not the only one who struggles and wants to help others. It has shown me that there are still good people in this world, and the best places to find them is places like this. I would love to see this community grow bigger, and I would love to help change the world with all you lovely people <3

-System Irigiad

9 Likes

Oh well, I cried looking at this thread.

@Paladine @Lisalovesfeathers @Ashwell @anon14688970 @Mystrose @Kayleigh.xo I am so proud of you all and for the incredible energy, love, grace and support you’ve been giving on the Wall lately. This forum goes through plenty of seasons, but it’s a real joy to see it more active lately in terms of the amount and quality of responses provided, but also for how you’ve been taking care of yourselves personally. You’re all amazing.

@Xavier1 I’m grateful for you. For opening this thread, but a lot more for being observant, caring and honest. You may not see it yourself, but this community see you growing as well, and it’s amazing.

8 Likes

Let’s see how I do in a haze that’s not being broken by coffee.

@Micro just…so much yes.
@Mystrose You’re so real and honest, when I read your posts I feel like I’m sitting by you in a coffee shop. I also love reading about your mindfulness efforts, and telling the demons that they aren’t real.
@anon14688970 your posts are thoughtful, patient, inquisitive, and insightful.
@Lisalovesfeathers you’re a bright ray of sunshine to those of us who need it, even when we didn’t know that we did.
@Paladine @Ashwell @echo I know you’re hurting, but you don’t let that stop you from whole-heartedly supporting others who need it in turn.
@grandmastrqueen You’ve grown SO MUCH in the last year, and even in your crazy life you can still help people through their chaos.
@Jezliee there’s something really comforting about having a fellow Texan here :cowboy_hat_face:
@anon58690617 It’s been a treat to follow your treatment and healing journey in real time! It shows what dedication to treatment looks like, and it allows us to watch you grow!
@Wings I appreciate your thoughtful, methodical, intellectual approach to your support. As an intellectual/analytical/spectral type person, your responses really resonate with me.
@Hoffman @connerm1219 You’re not afraid to be real about your struggles, when a lot of people–guys in particular–would probably keep them quiet to appear “strong.” Your struggles are ones that a lot of us struggle with but don’t want to open up about, and you’re leaders for sharing. You’re also learning so much about yourselves through your struggles, and are living proof that struggles can make us better.
@Metalskater1990 I know things seem hopeless, but there’s always a part of your post that shows you don’t want to give up. You know there’s more to life than what you’re experiencing, and you’re willing to fight for it, or at least stick around to see what it is.
@Sapphire you tell it like it is, and you provide a great example for setting personal boundaries and taking care of your own well-being first.
@nyntje No matter how much you’re hurting, you take the time to remind people they’re loved, and that’s just something we all need to hear more often.
@ranma1983 You’re an inspiration for standing up for your convictions and dedicating yourself to affecting change for a group of people that society is actively trying to ignore.
@Xavier1 I don’t think you’ve met a stranger online. You engage with everyone, and that acknowledgment is so encouraging for people who feel unheard.
@FaeTheProud you’re one of the bravest people I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue: sticking up for your sense of self when everyone is trying to tell you to be someone else.
@itsnotoveryet you’ve taken some of the strongest steps to improve your situation, trading toxic stability for uncertainty with the potential to flourish.
@Sledge for your unique ability to support and truly understand veterans, when most of us haven’t been where you and they have been.
@NateTriesAgain for making this community possible, and always working to make it even better!
All the rest of you for being you. For sharing your stories, for showing us all that we’re not alone, and for having the courage to admit to a bunch of strangers that things aren’t okay. For reminding community members that they’re not alone in their struggles, or reminding them how far they’ve come.

15 Likes

Hey! Agreed! Happy to know you’re just up there a bit lol

6 Likes

Hi everyone.
I would like to thank @Paladine for helping me when i needed it the most.
@Micro for being here for people and for her great honest and supportive replies.
@disabledmetalfan for just being awesome and supportive.
@anon14688970 for helping others while dealing with their own demons.
@SheetMetalHead for all the good advise he has given to people who needed it.
@echo for being here and for staying strong during these dark times. I am glad that you are here with us echo. Please stay safe.
And thank you heartsupport for existing and for giving people a place to feel supported and heard. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Its not often someone brings tears to my eyes and you managed that in a coffee haze. wow! Thank you, I am so grateful to know you. x :heart:

8 Likes

The people I always see around and who have helped me and countless others so many times and are always active and kind on the forum that I appreciate are @Micro @Paladine @Ashwell @anon14688970 @SheetMetalHead @Wings @SageTheSpirit @Mystrose you’re all amazing people and i hope that you’re doing well and many good things come to you.

8 Likes

also @Pengyou . I haven’t seen you around as much but you’re still very much so appreciated and not forgotten about! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Xavier1 This is a great idea! Thanks for posting! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you all in the comments! What a beautiful post, I’m so happy to be part of this community. @Lisalovesfeathers thank you for the call out, and I can only reflect back to you how inspired and appreciative I am for your presence here!

5 Likes

I was afraid if I left anyone out, I would hurt someone. I want everyone who has replied to my crazy posts or just read them and hit that :heart: (even just a :heart: gives me support) to know that you’ve helped me grow and discover myself a little bit more.

I came here because I wanted to grow and work on thinking differently and every single BPD support forum or group I found was just thread after thread of people complaining about their partner’s and there was just so much drama and negativity. My problem was about my relationship, but it was different and I was past BPD way of thinking and wanted to find a safe, peaceful place where I would be accepted for who I was and not be a victim of stigma and stereotypes. I was looking around the Discord and found the Wall.

I also want to acknowledge those whose threads I’ve been involved in. You’ve helped me grow and discover myself as well and it gives me a purpose.

So, I love you all and thank you also to those who have acknowledged me, you all have such lovely words, I had tears.

:hrtlegolove:

5 Likes

I love this thread so much. it’s got so much good energy with so much love for each other.
There are so many lovely people and faces who have already been named.
@Micro for one, they’re a great friend who is honest, but won’t give up on you even if you do so yourself.
@SheetMetalHead You make me smile any time I come in somewhere and you’re there too. Whether it’s coffee stories or supporting your friends around you.
@Ashwell with their beautiful heart. They make sure that we’re all seen and heard and that we feel supported.
@Jezliee who also makes feel seen by just saying “hi, I see you in chat rn” that’s more powerful than I think most people realize.
@Paladine I’ve said it before and I’m going to say it again, you are so sweet for making sure that you like a post from someone who is reaching out on the wall. It’s a powerful way to show someone that there’s someone out there who cares and that someone is you. I really appreciate you for doing something like that.
@Nightingale you are so sweet for sharing posts of positivity! I really appreciate them even if I might sound grumpy sometimes, I really appreciate you and the posts because it shows that you care.
@Kayla I hope you’re reading this. I appreciate your music and whenever you decide to share a song with me it truly resonates. Thank you for doing those small things. You’re one of the strongest people I know and I hope you know that it’s okay to lean on us a little whenever you need it.
@Xavier1 thank you so much for creating this post and reminding us that it’s a good thing to thank people and make sure we’re expressing our gratitude to the people around us. You’re a blessing for making this!

These were just some people that I could come up with right now, and I know I left out so many wonderful and beautiful people because this community has a unique kind of beauty about itself. We care. We don’t just care about each other, but also about strangers who are struggling. It doesn’t matter who they are, we want people to feel wanted, loved, and accepted and we use our own strengths to make that happen. It doesn’t matter how big or small it may look on the outside, it can change someone’s entire day for the better. So thank you all for being here and spreading love.

6 Likes