Warped Tour Fan #114

Right now, I am being sued for an car accident I was in 2 years back. It was completely my fault and they want a lot of money out of me. I feel really bad, because I dont have the money they are trying to get out of me. If what they claim is true, I effected their life in ways i cant even imagine and it is weighing heavy on me that I caused that kind of suffering and there is little I can do to help. Not to mention being sued isnt fun.

Hey! That sounds like a rough situation. One thing you should see in this is that you are owning your part in it. That is huge! A lot of people don’t take ownership of their mistakes. That means your dealing with this honestly, and should see the courage in that. Financial situations stress me out a lot too. Your not alone in that. Hopefully them seeing your being sorry and taking responsibility helps the situation. And maybe it may always work out in away that you haven’t realized yet.

1 Like

It sounds like you are going through a very stressful situation. It is understandable that you are feeling really bad for the suffering you caused. But I would encourage you to keeping reminding yourself of the fact that you did not intend to cause that suffering. It was an accident. Please don’t let the accident, this situation, define you. You are so much more than this situation.

I’m incredibly proud of you. You seem like a really kind and compassionate person. And it can hurt whenever you want to help and you don’t have the resources to do so. I hope you find relief from whatever guilt and shame you might be feeling. I also know there is a light at the end of this scary tunnel.

As others have already stated this is a rough situation to be in… and you sound like an amazing, caring person.

I am not sure if this will be helpful at all, but did you have insurance at the time? If you did, contact the insurance company you had at the time with any details that you have.

If you did not, try legal aid. Local universities or legal groups will have some way to sign up for legal services on an income based situation. If you are in the US calling 211 may be helpful for this, as it is an information line number that a lot of communities use. You could also try reddit, who has forums dedicated to people helping others with information on legal matters.

While you are dealing with this do not forget to take time out for you! You matter. Spend some time, even just a few minutes a week, on you doing something that you enjoy, to relax, decompress and show yourself that you do matter… because you do. Take care.

1 Like

I am so sorry you are going through that. It sounds like you are truly sorry that happened. And I think that is a really good thing. You aren’t able to go back and fix what you did, but you can apologize and learn from your mistake and work to never do something like that again. This is a really difficult period of your life, but just know that this won’t last forever. You will get through this. We are here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to.

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I know that sometimes what feels like the hardest possible thing can actually be used to help others. That may not sound awesome but remember this that sometimes what we fear the most can be the piece that really helps grow us to be a stronger person. I dont know if you have tried to help in away that you can for example I know that sometimes asking if you can help by being a caretaker or something. Giving in ways that you are able. I may not be possible but you also might be able to find ways that are not money to help them. I personally am not able to do much in terms of money myself so I would be in this same space. But perhaps you could see if they are willing to allow you to help in other ways.

Hold fast we are here for you
Ash