Warped Tour Fan #118

I’m struggling with drugs and alcohol

Hello! :slight_smile:
Addiction is a tough struggle to face but I’m glad you came here to talk about it. Drugs and alcohol can give you a temporary state of feeling better and like you aren’t living the reality that is life, but all it is is temporary. Once that feeling is gone then those thoughts are back and your demons are still there. I want to encourage you to fight your demons and defeat them instead of turning to drugs and alcohol. It won’t be an easy fight and you will need help but this community is here to help you through it. We love and care for you so so much!

Maddie

1 Like

I believe in you.

You matter.

It’s a rough road and it probably will be a struggle… but when you are ready to face the things that brought you to cope with them by using drugs and alcohol there is support out there for you.

Consider seeking out therapy or a support group or both.

There is a beautiful tomorrow waiting for you to arrive… it will be there when you get there, so take your time… do what you need to do to take care of you.

It’s always going to be there, the addiction, it’s real, it’s overwhelming, it’s challenging, but it can be beat. I know what you are going through I struggled with addiction, I was pretty damn bad to be honest, but I am 8 years clean and good I am serving in the military and I have a beautiful family. It can be beat, it’s not easy but you can do it. Find a calling and follow that instead of the addiction.

1 Like

You can and will beat your addiction. Do you have any support or help!?! AA is so great. Prayers for your full recovery! Hang in there and keep pushing forward. Never give up!!

1 Like

I’ve been there too. It feels like there is no way out, but I promise you - there is! I was living on the streets before I went to rehab for the last time. I’d tried everything I could think of to try to stop/get my life back together. The way I felt sober always drove me back to drugs and alcohol. I thought I was going to be stuck in that cycle until death. Fortunately I was introduced to a 12 step program that worked for me. I was skeptical at first, but after another 6 month “binge”- I was willing to do whatever it took. This program was my last option, and I figured if it didn’t work then I’d just die on the streets shooting heroin. Now, I say all of this to also tell you that I have been sober since April 2012. I don’t even obsess over drugs and alcohol anymore - which I thought would never be possible. If you have any questions or need help taking the next step, just reply. You matter. Your life is worth it. Your success story matters. <3

Oh, and p.s. the lyrics to Composure were one of the very few things that got me through the first few weeks. It was hard at first, but it gets easier. It helps to have support surrounding you.

1 Like

Psalm 107:13-16 - Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness, and broke away their chains. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron. If you seek the Lord He will break those chains!

1 Like

Addiction can be so hard to heal from. But I want you to know that there is help out there for you and there is hope for you. You are not alone. It is a difficult journey to recovery, but you do not have to go it alone. Hold fast. We believe in you.

Addiction is always so hard. I have had addictions too a few things myself and found that once I started I just wanted more and more. I want you to know that you are not alone. I also want you to know that this battle will not be easy but it is possible. Is there anyone around you that could become a person that would help you become accountable. I know that is easier to say than to do. Perhaps you could truly find someone who would help you become accountable and that you are able to find resources near you. Like an AAA group or something like that. Something that I have started to do for me is each time my mind wanders too the idea of using I find an activity too do like sewing or reading or even getting on here and finding people to reply too. Use that urge for good. I hope that you can find support in the fact we are here for you.

Hold fast
Ash

hi friend,
I’m so sorry. that is a very difficult struggle, and so hard to get out of, but I know you can do it. I know you have the strength within you to overcome this battle. I promise you that this battle is possible to win, but you have to fight. and it can be hard, but you are strong and worthy. you are worthy of living a healthy life, you are worthy or love and you are worthy of healing. I wanna encourage you to keep coming back and share how you feel. we are here for you and we care for you, friend. we want to see you win this battle, and we will never stop believing in you: )
stay strong