Warped Tour Fan #129

Depression, and suicidal

Hello! :slight_smile:
I see you’re struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. Those feelings must feel heavy on you and like you don’t know how to escape them? I want to say I’m sorry you are going through this but please know you are loved and there are SO many people who love having you here (like this community!!). You are always welcomed and we want to encourage you as much as we can :grin:

Maddie

You are loved!!! Depression is no joke and serious. Please see a doctor as soon as you can. Therapy is great but sometimes mental health drugs are needed. Seek help and hang in there. You are not alone and I know the struggles of depression. It is temporary and you will heal and recover. I

Suicidal thoughts can be horrible, I deal with them myself, and have acted on them in the past. For me, I started to use the fact I didn’t want people around me to have to adjust to losing someone as a reason to keep living. You’re not alone friend - keep moving forward and taking the steps to recover. This is the first step, and you nailed it.

Hold Fast
Kayla

Please stay alive. You are so love and I know life can be so hard sometimes, but I promise you that it does get better. Please, whenever you feel in a dark place reach out to loved ones or reach out to us on here. It gets easier, it gets okay, and then it feels like freedom. Hold fast.

Depression is so hard to defeat. The struggle is real. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. One thing I have found is that it is baby steps to get where you want to be. So for example lets say one day you are trying to just get out of bed. Take that set it as a small goal. Your goals do not need to be massive but making one small goal and going with it is awesome. Finding the way through each and every obstacle of life does not come in a day. No one has ever done big things without setting goals. Go at your own pace. Dont set yourself up against another person because that does not help you either. Continue to see that life is worth it and that if you take the time you need you can achieve your dreams. I have struggled with depression for years on end. One of the things I have come to find that really helps me is setting those goals. So for example today I woke up and was like I could just sit around and not do much but I said wait that wont help me so I got up made a cup of coffee and said what is the best way to use my small amount of energy and I decided to use the feelings I was having to help others to better themselves on here. So perhaps set times during the day to rest but also find productive things that you enjoy. I also sew and draw they are activities that are self care for me. That is always important that self care for you.
On the suicidal thoughts I want to encourage you to make a list of things in your life that are worth living for. For me a big one is my support team here. I also will say that for me it is my dog Jake. I fight for him and continue to find ways to see that my life even if in a very dark place it is just a moment of it. We are not defined by those moments. Keep fighting because one day those moments will make you so much stronger than you can see right now. It may be impossible to not see those moments right now but it is worth living through them. One day you will be able to help so many who are in the same shoes you are currently in. The battle is not over and you can still win. Many here will stand with you and remind you that you are valuable and loved. Dont stop hearing that.

Hold fast and know you are worthy of love
Ash