Warped Tour Fan #130

abusive ex boyfriend who to this day still harasses me. It’s been very difficult. I’m trying though. It’s super hard to talk about it …

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for letting us in even if it was just a tiny bit into your personal life. I know it can’t be hard to open because i have too problems sharing about myself with people i know irl, this community has given me the space to speak freely and to be understood by others, which has been priceless and so relieving. Please know that this community will hear, support and help you. You wouldn’t know how many amazing people are here. Feel free to share more about what you are going trough whenever you are ready.

You matter and I support you.

I started responding to the people writing on the support wall at Warped Tour and soon found that as the day was ending there are a lot of people, like yourself, bravely reaching out for support. I am going to do my best to show you that you reaching out was smart and brave… and that people, like me, support you.

A person, like your ex, who harasses people has a whole slew of problems. None of those problems belong to you… and regardless of what you did or didn’t do or any other reason that you may think of or have been told, there is nothing that you did to deserve being harassed or abused or treated anything less than amazing.

Please do consider therapy. I know some people have negative thoughts about therapy… and others are worried about costs and insurance. There are some really good therapists out there and I am hopeful that you will find one with a personality that you can relate too, someone you can trust and who will do right by you, as you deserve. In the US many colleges who have courses for counselors offer low cost or even free therapy. The students may have a type of internship where they gain experience and you gain therapy… There are other alternatives as well, if you are having trouble finding them consider contacting a crisis line… they are trained to help you come up with a plan and they have lots of useful resources that they can offer you for free. Crisis counselors are awesome people and want to help, so give them a shot.

Overall, you do matter. You deserve so much more. Take care of you. There is a beautiful tomorrow out there waiting for you to arrive.

1 Like

Well done for opening up and talking about it. Have you spoken to the police or someone about a possible restraining order? I’m sorry that it happens, but, try to ignore it and as I said, take it to the police if at all possible. Keep blocking him, keep ignoring him. You’re doing the right thing by not letting him get to you and carrying on.

Hold Fast
Kayla

You are being brave about opening up to us about this! Just no that no matter what he says or does you are valuable and worthy of love and affection. Also know you don’t have to put up with it. It will be healthier for you to distance yourself from him. Abuse is not something anyone should tolerate. Please keep talking, especially to your loved ones and I would recommend filing a restraining order in order to keep him legally away from you. You need to heal from what happened to you and with him apart of your life in any capacity will not help. Again, thank you for your bravery and courage in speaking up!

hi friend,
I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. I understand that this kind of thing is very difficult to open up about, and we’re all so proud of you for sharing this. I wanna encourage you to keep working on yourself and distancing yourself from toxic people like your ex boyfriend. is there someone you trust who can help you with this? is there a way that you could avoid him? I hope this all gets resolved soon, friend. just know we’re here for you, we care and love you so much, and we hear you. I hope you find comfort and encouragement here: )
stay strong

You do not deserve that abuse or that hurt. I am so sorry you are going through that. It is not your fault. You are trying and that is what matters. You are loved and those lies your ex told you? They are just lies. You are loved, you will find better, and you are not alone.

1 Like

@YUNGBLUD_Fans

I’m sorry your ex miss treated you. Did you cut ties with him?