Warped Tour Fan #141

My struggle is that I feel broken all the time. And I’m not sure if I am or if it’s just because everyone says I am. I get really clingy and my thoughts seem pretty destructive but I’ve never let it affect anyone. I’ve hurt myself because I’m feeling too much and don’t know how to react. But for the most part I’m okay. I can go out and do things on my own and live my own life without being sad 24/7. I don’t need a boyfriend or anything like I don’t even think I want one right now. But when I have found someone I’m interested in dating they always tell me I’m too sad or that they just aren’t feeling it anymore. So maybe I am broken. I’m trying my best everyday to prove that I’m fine but for some reason it’s not enough and I don’t really know how to fix anything.

hey friend. First I want to say no one is broken enough to not be fixed. You are hurting and you are not alone. Its okay to be sad and be an emotional person. I can relate so much being an emotional person and if you saw me you would be like that guy is emotional. I am like a big emotional bear. There is nothing wrong with being that way. Now i want you to know that love can come from not just from a relationship. you are not alone my friend.

Hold Fast
Morgan HS Intern

Thanks for sharing with us, I hope that it helped to share your thoughts. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with destructive thoughts and self harm. It sounds like you have internal struggles right now but you are not alone. It’s okay to not be okay. It’s okay to reach out and ask for help

This sounds really rough, I’m sorry. But, you are NOT broken.
We all deal with different things in our life, and we handle those things in a different way, and some of us end up having a harder time than others, but that’s totally okay.
I get clingy too - I get very scared that the people I love are going to leave me, so I feel the need to be talking to them everyday, and I get scared they’re pushing me away as soon as their tone changes.
Have you looked into Dwarf Planet, a depression workbook that HeartSupport developed. I think it could really benefit you as it will help you explore these emotions and understand them a little better so you can start to work on them effectively. You can find it on amazon, or you can get it free through the website… I will post some links… I’m also going to post a link to ReWrite, the self harm workbook that HeartSupport released, because I think it could also be a good resource.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

My dear friend, I am so sorry you are going through this. You care so much about how others feel and you try to not let it affect anyone. However, please care about yourself in the same way. Please don’t hurt yourself. I struggled with self harm too and I would self harm when I couldn’t handle everything I felt. What helped was when I opened up to people that I love and reached out for help. If you ever need anyone to be there for you we are always here for you. And I want you to know that you can find someone who won’t leave you because you are sad and someone who will love you through all of your good and bad times. You deserve someone who loves all of you.Trying to prove you are fine is probably hurting you more because you have to have this mask on. Take off the mask, friend. There is hope and there is healing. You are not alone.