Warped Tour Fan #158

I feel like sometimes I don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing in life. Is this it? Working to live and living to work. It’s a vicious cycle I see no end to.

My dancing gives me more meaning than work does right now. It’s good to have some enjoyment and social connection to live for.

Video Response:

4 Likes

Hey friend, I am going to be honest and say this sucks when that hits. That fact that hey my life currently is work and more work. I know that doesnt sound fun at all but truly you are doing what you need to do in order to keep living. Perhaps try to see if there is a possibility of putting things you enjoy like if you like ABR put concerts in the future. Or even on a daily bases find one item you can do for you for self care. That can help make it feel a little less like all you are doing is work and work and work. For me it can be a simple go for a walk and find the peace it that walk as you go. I also truly find the time to play and app that can bring me out of whatever I had going on earlier even if it is only for 5 minutes that is still something that is not work. So perhaps find somethings that can be added to the day. A sip of coffee in the morning while listening to music on your drive to work. You are not alone in this so many people struggle with the endless idea of work work work.

Hold fast
Ash

Hi friend. Thank you for posting. I know this feels like it’s all there is to life, but, it’s not. Yes, working is something we have to do - there’s no way around it, but, that doesn’t mean you can’t do something you enjoy. There are so many different types of jobs out there. If right now, you can’t pursue the career you’d like, why not go and join some groups, or volunteer somewhere to get the experience? You won’t be stuck there forever. I know how this feels. I think to myself everyday “am I just going to be stuck working in retail my whole life?” but, on the days where I feel OK, I know that’s not true, I just have to start taking the steps to change that. It takes time, but it is possible.

Hold Fast
Kayla