Warped Tour Fan 172

I found a really cool high school where I finally found my place. I even became a Student Body Officer for this year. But I feel lonely. All of the other SBO’s hang out together all the time. Every one from my school has people to hang out with all the time. But I don’t. I feel like I don’t. When ever I see them all hanging out on social media (which is a lot of the time) is: “cool. I wasn’t invited. I’m not cool enough to hang out with the cool kids. No one wants to hang out with me.” And it just keeps spiraling

1 Like

@SetItOff_Fans

Hello. Nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing. It means a lot to this community. I’m sorry you feel excluded. I felt like that from time to time. Have you thought of asking someone to hangout? You just got to do it. Don’t expect people to ask you about it. It takes time. This is a lesson I must learn too. I hope you will be okay. Thank you for reading this. God bless. Stay strong.

It really took me a while to break out of my shell. Yes I had my friends that I had known for a long time but I still sometimes felt that I was an outcast. Personally the military made me way more outgoing and quite honestly taught me to stop giving a damn. It’s hard to learn, could take years. But I hope you’ll see what I mean. From there I literally just learned to be my true self towards everyone with no shame and I could pretty much make friends with anyone. We all have an open ear for you on HeartSupport, please check back in with us. Hold fast.

-Leon

1 Like

That is really awesome that you found your place in your school. It sounds like you might be new still and still struggling to find friends. All of the other SBO’s hang out, since you are a SBO you should ask them if you can come. I know it hurts to not be invited, but sometimes people don’t realize how their actions are hurting someone else. It’s not that no one wants to hang out with you, maybe they just need to get to know you more and see how great you can be. And maybe you have tried that with the SBO group, then maybe join another club and try to make friends there. Just because you haven’t made friends with the SBO group doesn’t mean you will never make friends. Hold fast. We believe in you.

1 Like

Is this about trying to get friends, or is this about trying to get into an SBO clique?