Warped Tour Fan #18

Being trans is very difficult. It takes so much effort to go about my day. There’s already enough prejudice towards women of color, but being transgender and queer on top of that makes life very hard sometimes. Most days I lack the confidence to look myself in the mirror.

1 Like

I can’t even begin to imagine what you go through every day. I am a cis white woman and I do not experience the same prejudices as you do. However, I want you to know that you are beautiful, worthy, and you are loved. Even if you feel like in your day to day life you don’t have anyone who loves you, we will love you. Your story is unique and your life is precious. Hold fast.

I’m so sorry that people you feel it takes energy you don’t have to be the person you truly are.
I’m not trans, or a woman of colour, however, I do know what it’s like to be judged on how you look. I’ve dealt with this my whole life, including abuse from my parents around it. It’s horrendous. I avoid mirrors where I can. I hate looking at myself - pictures of me barely exist either. The only reason this one in profile exists is because someone I love very much asked for one.
If there are any groups around you that you can join that support people in the LGBTQ+ community, I highly suggest taking a look into them - they could be an incredible resources for you. Being with people who understand us are invaluable.

Hold Fast
Kayla

Hey friend, I want you to know that you are lovable for much greater reasons. I can’t imagine what you have to go through on a daily basis, but I too also have personal reasons why I often believe I am unlovable. The reasons you are worthy of love go much deeper than what you express on the surface, because you are a living, breathing human being, and because you are a good person with a good heart. You are loved friend. Hold fast.

hi friend,
I just want you to know that you are loved and supported. You are a beautiful, smart, strong person and I hope we can be the support you need. I’m sorry you are dealing with this and I hope seeing all of these replies reminds you that your life is valuable, you are worthy, and you have the power to get through this. We will be here every step of the way with you. We love you and we are proud of you for sharing how you feel and what you’re struggling with. I hope you find comfort in this community and you continue to post and share whatever you want to share.
stay strong

1 Like

Here’s video response from our live stream on Twitch!

1 Like