Warped Tour Fan #3

My friend was murdered over the weekend and I’m having a hard time coping with the fact that she’s gone. I miss her so fucking much and since she lived in a different state i never got to say goodbye and I’ll never get to catch up with her

I also struggle with the fact that my brother is into hard drugs and he’s already overdosed once and I’m terrified to wake up one day or be away somewhere and get a phone call saying OD’d and didn’t make it. Doesn’t help my own friends call me losers when i can’t hang all day with them and my mom calls me fat constantly reminds me i need to lose weight

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know what it’s like to lose a friend to death in a different way.

I had a friend named Aaron, we hadn’t talked in years. Just a few months ago I was notified he had gotten hit by a car and was killed on impact a few months before.

It hurt. And I still miss him.

But they’re still with you in spirit. It’s ok to cry and to mourn, that’s healthy. Just know with time this will get easier.

Hold fast.

Hi friend,

I am so sorry for your loss. That pain must feel unbearable some days. We are here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to. And you also have to be constantly afraid for your brother? That’s another added stress to your pain. I hope you know that as his sister, your job is love him. I don’t know what will happen and I can’t make any promises. But I know that you care so much about him and that is a beautiful thing. We are here for you whenever you need someone. I know this life seems like too much sometimes, but I promise you that you can make it through this. Oh, and those friends? Calling you a loser? That’s not what a real friend does. You deserve better friends. Never let anyone make you feel less than.
Hold fast .

I’m so sorry about your friend. Grief is an incredibly hard thing to deal with, especially when someone is taken away from us for no reason. I know it’s never going to be the same, but, you can still say goodbye. Write a letter to her. She’s looking down on you right now, and will see you, she will read it. Sit and talk to her. As I said, she’s looking down on you, and will hear you. Verbally speaking out a goodbye to someone can be incredibly therapeutic and give some closure. I recently had to put down one of my dogs, and it was so hard for me - he was my best friend. My family. One night, I lead in bed, and just spoke to him. It hurts when you do it, it hurts so fucking much - part of you thinks you’re talking to yourself, but, remember, you’re not. You’re talking to your best friend. She hears you and she loves you.
As for your brother… All you can do is encourage him, and be there for him. Be honest about how it’s making you feel. He needs to want to get better to be able to do that.
Those people that call you losers, aren’t worth your time. You deserve better friends than that.
I deal with an abusive family too. I had to learn to trust and listen to the people in this community that love me and speak truth into my life.

Hold Fast
Kayla

Hey SetItOff_Fans,

First I want to say that I’m so super jealous that you went to warped tour, I definitely wanted to go this year but had prior vacation experiences. I really hope that you had a great time, and I’m so glad that you came to the support wall. Your story matters, and you matter!

I just want to give you a hug! I want to hug you, and let you know that I am so so sorry. And unfortunately I know all too well, the “I’m sorry’s” don’t bring them back, and it doesn’t take away the pain! I want you to know that it’s okay to grieve. It’s okay to be sad. It’s okay to be mad! Grieving takes time my friend, and please take your time.

I lost a friend to suicide a month ago, and I wrote her a letter. I wrote her a letter, and then I read her the letter, and I laid in bed and just talked to her and I cried. Sometimes it brings closure, I’m not going to tell you that it will, and it’s okay if you’re not ready for closure. Please know that we love you, and you matter!

I’m so glad that you reached out on the support wall! Please know that you are wanted here, you are welcomed here! We want to walk along side you through whatever you are going through! You are not alone!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

Hi friend,
Grief is so hard to deal and cope with. But I want you to know that you’re not alone in your grief. A few years ago I lost my best friend and like you, I didn’t get a goodbye. There are going to be good days and bad days in dealing with your grief and its important that you take the time that you need to grieve your friend.
You’re not a loser, you are an incredible human being and I hope you know that you are so loved <3

1 Like