Warped Tour Fan #73

I work with students with Special Needs. Some days are good and some are bad. There are days I leave school and wonder if I am coming back the next day, but I always do! These kiddos are going through things I can’t even begin to understand. All I can do is support them. It’s a blessing, but at times, a burden.

My best friends son, is non-verbal autistic, and so just seeing the struggles he goes in on a day to day basis makes me understand some of the challenges you go through. The ups and downs that can so quickly change without any rhyme or reason that you may not have any control over, or in some cases to help them grow or face challenges intentionally push them through.

Having seen the few aides that in the past year that have come through and worked with him in the one year since having them approved, and the drastic changes in his life, I cannot say how much better both my friend, his wife, and his son’s life is. I don’t know what parents or children you work with, but I can say from my experience and my perspective the work you and your peers in the field bring is irreplaceable. Thank you for your work, your time, your care, despite all the struggles and frustrations you must go through, both from the kids, and possibly from the parents, and thats before we get to the bureaucracy. THANK YOU! I don’t know what support structures are out there for those in your profession, but I know from the parental/guardian side of things, we value your time, work and effort so much, so if you haven’t heard it before. Thank you. <3

I majorly look up to you. Like it is super cool to me that people have such patience and kindness in their hearts to work with Special Needs students so that they can learn and connect with others like everyone else.

Make sure to write down your little wins so that on the days you get down you can look back and realize the impact you are making and will make.

I have so much respect for you, so keep it up.

I have a special Needs brother and I have worked in the special education school system. I understand the struggle, weight, passion, stress, burden, man i can keep going. It takes a certain kind of person with a certain kind of passion to work with people with special needs. You are such a strong person for doing that and know you are not alone. You are loved and cared for.

Hold Fast
Morgan HS Intern

1 Like

You have such a heart and such a passion for your kids. It’s okay to admit that it is difficult sometimes. On those really hard days you can always come here and we can love and encourage you through it. Sometimes all you can do is just show up for those kids and those simple moments make all the difference. You are making a difference in their lives. You might not see it, but you are making a positive impact in their lives. Hold fast. We believe in you.