Warped Tour Fan #96

I have been dealing with depression and anxiety since I was in high school. Life got so hard and I’m still battling it to this day. Sometimes it’s so hard to wake up in the morning and feel like nothing will get better. I’m slowly trying to pull myself out, and one day I know I’ll be able to fully recover.

You matter and I support you.

I started responding to the people writing on the support wall at Warped Tour and soon found that as the day was ending there are a lot of people, like yourself, bravely reaching out for support.

I hope that you received a book at the tent, “Dwarf Planet” please do use it. If for some reason you did not receive a book, click here: https://heartsupport.com/resources/ I really feel for your situation. The days and nights are heavy… My advice is heartfelt and hopefully helpful in some way. I care.

I do really believe in you and whatever it is that brought you here today. It was really smart and brave of your to reach out.

Please do consider therapy. I know some people have negative thoughts about therapy… and others are worried about costs and insurance. There are some really good therapists out there and I am hopeful that you will find one with a personality that you can relate too, someone you can trust and who will do right by you, as you deserve. In the US many colleges who have courses for counselors offer low cost or even free therapy. The students may have a type of internship where they gain experience and you gain therapy… There are other alternatives as well, if you are having trouble finding them consider contacting a crisis line… they are trained to help you come up with a plan and they have lots of useful resources that they can offer you for free. Crisis counselors are awesome people and want to help, so give them a shot.

Overall, you do matter. You deserve so much more. Take care of you. There is a beautiful tomorrow out there waiting for you to arrive.

You’re willingness to try at whatever pace and belief that you will work through this is remarkable. Sometimes our hope, belief that we can find a way, and willingness to put in effort and ask for help is what makes us more successful. I’m glad you reached out to this community and your willingness to be honest is so awesome. I have struggled and still have depression with some anxiety and some days I have more energy than others but being willing/ knowing when to get out of my headspace and connect with others definitely still helps me renew my willingness to work through it. So glad your part of this community. You got this friend. Hold fast.

1 Like

Hey friend, I’m proud of you to hear that you are working to help yourself heal from your struggles.Give yourself the time you need and be kind to yourself through this process. I believe in you friend.

Hey just wanted to tell you : you are worth it . Dealing with depression / mental health can be so draining but we believe in you . Please continue to fight . If you fall , we pick you right up . Please continue to reach out. If your able to please seak a a counselor . We want you to be alive . You mean everything to this organization.
Hold fast friend

Healing deep wounds from mental illnesses takes time. Please be gentle and patient with yourself. It is not an easy path to overcome depression and anxiety. Some days are really good and others can be really bad. Remember that what matters is that you make the decision every day to wake up in the morning. What matters is that you fight even when it feels impossible. You matter. You are here, your are fighting, you are breathing. You are loved. You are strong.