Warped Tour Fan #99

right now i see lots of people wearing outfits that theyve probably planned for months and they look great in them, i had to give up the outfit i wanted because i felt ugly and fat and still feel this way with the outfit i chose last minute, this is something that’s been following me since the fourth grade, 5 years ago.

I know it’s hard to quiet your own insecure thoughts. Like half of you is like “yesss this outfit is gonna look so good” but the other half is like “no. Your body looks gross. Don’t wear that outfit.” I think overcoming those thoughts comes with practicing confidence and self-love. It’s really scary at first but those insecure thoughts will fade when you start loving yourself. It’s not just a feeling, it’s something you practice and becomes a skill. So wear that outfit. You look great in whatever you chose anyways :heart:

1 Like

1 Like

hating the way we look is an extremely common thing. I hate how I look so much. But, in the same breathe, I don’t really care about my appearance. I honestly believe the outfits people are wearing took less thought than you think. I know that when I dress up to go out, I plan maybe a few hours before - just so I can sit around and do nothing for a bit before I get ready to go out. If you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing, you wear it. If you like an outfit, you wear it. The thing about the music family that we are around at festivals and gigs is that, they don’t care what you look like. All they care about is whether you’r enjoying the live music with them. I’m sorry you feel this way, but, keep reminding yourself of the truth that you are loved, and you are beautiful. If you can’t do that yourself, allow us to do it until you can.

Hold Fast
Kayla

Hi there! So i understand how you are feeling. I spent so much of my life hating my own body. I’d cry when I had to go to the store to buy clothes. I am much older than being in my 9th year of school, but I remember comparing my body to others and hating myself. What I have learned, and what I want you to know is that you are beautiful. I know it sounds cheesy, but your body does so many beautiful things for you every single second of every single day. It helps you smell wonderful scents like warm candles, it helps you dance with your friends, it helps you see YungBlud at Warped Tour, and it does so much more. Learning to love your body isn’t easy. It takes time and it is a slow process. I didn’t just wake up one morning and go “Iiiii’m beautifuuul!” It took some really hard days. Be kind to yourself and be patient too. When you are feeling bad just think about all of the wonderful things your body helps you do. Like…seeing a puppy. Or laughing with friends, or reading this! You are beautiful and you are loved.