Well then

so uhm for a while i’ve just been feeling not me. and so i’ve been playing around with pronouns and such. for now i’m feeling pretty comfy with she/they. this makes me both more comfy but also terrified. i don’t know that i’ll ever be able to disclose this information with my family. with how they reacted to me coming out as les then pan…i’m scared of how they would act with this. i’m not going to tell them anytime soon, if at all. i’m still figuring this out myself and haven’t told many people. but i feel like you guys deserve to know so. here ya go.

4 Likes

I understand your feelings. You are validated and heard. However, my thought process has always been, I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not. I told my family about my sexuality with the full intention of cutting them off completely if they didnt accept me. I know thats a difficult thing to consider, but we all deserve to be loved and accepted for who we are.

2 Likes

Hey same with the pronouns and being pan. When I came out my family they were weird about it but they are supportive. I’m not saying you have to come out but just know that I’m pretty sure that your family will love you no matter what.

Thank you so much for sharing this part of your life, Sarah. I’m glad you came to this realization regarding the pronouns you feel more comfortable with, and really grateful that you decided to talk about it here. Though the decision of talking to your family about it is absolutely yours. Always do what you’re comfortable with, and on your own terms. Maybe it would be easier to do it once you wouldn’t live with them anymore, but in any case, your online fam’ here loves you as you are. Always rooting for you. :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.