What are you thankful for?

I know, the title sounds cliche, and it’s not even around thanksgiving. But seriously, what’s something, even one thing, that you like about HeartSupport? Even though I haven’t been able to join streams like I used to, I’m so grateful that I was able to make friends within the community (and meet some irl!). I’m thankful that Dan and Casey and countless other community members have taken the time to respond to my past topics, to encourage me, to empathize with me, and love me for who I am. To stand by me on some of my worst days. To make me laugh in the middle of tears. To calm me down from anxiety. I’m not “cured” of my depression. It’s HARD living with mental illness. I wouldn’t be surprised if my anxiety came back, or my symptoms of ptsd. I will always be grieving for the ones I’ve lost and hold other pains in my heart. I’ve messed up. I’m far from “perfect”. But, even if I feel like I’ve drifted away from this community lately, I still feel loved and welcomed here. This is a place I call home.

2 Likes

I am thankful for God, my family, friends, my pets, my house, my life, and this community. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@sophicspider

Great question! Thank you for sharing, that’s awesome. :heart:

About HeartSupport, beyond all the wonderful people I had the occasion to meet, what I’m the most grateful for is simply knowing that a place like this exist. I’ve always had strong core values that drives me everyday. And through the experiences I’ve been I found myself slowly resigned and losing hope/trust in human nature. But knowing that unconditional love can be real and have a real impact, seeing it with my own eyes, is so important to me. It’s priceless, really. It is a confirmation that what I’ve been believing in isn’t stupid or naive. Now it won’t ever disappear from my mind. And it inspires me to better myself everyday.

1 Like

I love that everyone is so supportive and sets aside their problems to help others. It is so motivational.

2 Likes

I am thankful for a place where I can try to pay forward all the support I got over the years, a place where all my suffering and self-doubt can be constructive and more than just a waste. I am thankful just that this place exists, a place that tells each and every person that comes in, “You are not alone.” I’m grateful for the opportunity to at least try to be the person I wished I had in my life for so long.

2 Likes