What helped me with depression and anxiety

Hey guys! To make long story short, in January I experienced total mental breakdown after years of constant depression and anxiety. I didn’t eat, I didn’t sleep and thought I was gonna get totally crazy. My psychologist couldn’t help and medication seemed to be the only way out. That was the time when I was introduced to meditation. I didn’t know anything about it and felt like you have to be some kind of buddhist monk to do that. Anyways, I gave it a try and 9 months later I’m fit as ever, chilled as ever and none of those terrible emotions and feelings I had are present anymore. I’m no neurologist so I can’t explain when and how exactly it happened. What I can tell you tho is that meditation is the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I literally don’t know what stress is anymore, my mental stability is out of this world and yet I’m the same person I’ve always been.
Unfortunately, this is such a broad topic that I can’t fit all my thoughts in here but if you feel depressed, overwhelmed, if you feel like you can’t go anymore believe me there is always a chance for better and it might be closer than you think. I’m not saying this because I read it somewhere. I’m saying this because I have the experience.
If you’re interested, check out the link below and also the app called Headspace. Remember, I’m not paid for writing this here! I’ve been on this page seeking for help at least hundreds of times so don’t get me wrong nothing’s over yet. But I also know how screwed I was and how much meditation and Headspace have helped me to see things as they are.
Please, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Take care guys!

6 Likes

Thank you man! I’m glad you are doing better!

That’s really amazing! Thanks for sharing, it’s encouraging to me, even as I consider myself to be in a much better spot these days, that even if I relapse there are other methods out there that could work too.

I do wonder if some of the influence might have been from you finding something to be passionate about. Idle hands and so forth.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing about something that helped you! One of my friends keeps telling me that I should start meditating, and I intend to do so. I used to meditate many years ago, even infrequently, but I know that it helps. I’m glad you’ve had such a positive experience with it!
I have a hard time creating good, new, habits, but I’m hoping that once I remember to start meditating again, that it will help pull me out of the deep dark hole that is my own depression and anxiety.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.