What motivates you to get out of bed everyday?

Why do you get out of bed? If life is always going to be this hard what is the point? I feel so disconnected from everyone. I feel like I’m on the outside looking in on everyone’s life. When I’m with people I’m not really there and I don’t know how to be. What keeps you going? What keep you connected?

3 Likes

I’m struggling to find the motive, too.

2 Likes

Personally, a lot of my motivation comes from knowing that there are a lot of people in the world who need help. I get out of bed everyday so that I can work hard and better myself, in the hopes that as I get older I will get the opportunity to really help those who really need it in a meaningful way.

Another part of me also realizes that the best way to get revenge on the people who have set out to break me in the past is to succeed in every and any way I can. Sometimes it isn’t a healthy way for me to think, but the point still stands.

When we encounter situations in life that we don’t like, we have the option to either try and change them, or do nothing (and possibly complain). I have decided that I want to live and do my best to improve and so I try to remind myself as often as possible that the road to success is paved with failure. Every time something goes wrong I have the opportunity to learn and get one step closer to being who I need to be.

I hope you all sleep well and wake up motivated.

2 Likes

This is a daily struggle for me as well, but it is something I am slowly conquering.

When I was severely depressed, I rarely ever wanted to get out of bed. I was homeschooled, so I didn’t have the motivation of getting up, getting dressed, and meeting the bus. Don’t get me wrong: homeschooling was one of the best things that could have happened for me. I just couldn’t use school as incentive.

I knew then as I know now that there are so many people that are far less fortunate than me, but when I was in that valley I couldn’t find the energy to care. So I looked to the immediate.
“If I get up, I can play with my dogs.” That worked every time.
“If I get up, I can have some of the leftover cake from last night for breakfast.” That worked like a charm.

Eventually, I realized that life wasn’t always going to be this way. Life is full of hills and valleys. If you learn to navigate them, life and motivation for it comes on its own.

As for staying connected, find a group that you share similar interests in, and then put some effort into staying connected. I’ve found in life that often times, people are only willing to put as much effort into you as you put into them. That isn’t always the case, but sometimes you could be the one to text and ask what’s up, or you could be the one to suggest a get-together, or coffee date, or something of the sort. A couple months ago, I got my hair cut with one of my friends that I hadn’t had time to hang out with a lot. We got to see each other for a few minutes, and it was great.

Now, I mostly get out of bed because I have to drive myself to college, but I tell myself that the early mornings and late nights now will pay off later when I get my degree. Also, if the day has been rather taxing, I treat myself to a milkshake or something, but only if I really need the pick-me-up. Do it too often, and it loses its “specialness”, if that makes sense.

God is the best Motivator of all. When I don’t want to do something, He tells me why I started this path at first, and He typically gives me a Bible verse, typically my life verse, to help me get through the day. Be in prayer, and the help you need will come to you, in whatever way God deems most suitable for you and your life situation.

2 Likes

I’ve been feeling the same way lately. It can be really hard. I was sleeping in all day and not feeling connected to anyone. For me I realize I feel better when I have things that I have to do. Like I was pretty depressed a week ago but I just stayed a job at a greenhouse and it’s been an obligation that makes me get up. I’ve noticed I’ve been doing a lot better lately. Maybe being around plants has been good for my mental state? I’m still kinda lonely and completely enept at making friends but I’m becomeomg happier with myself. You got this! You’re not alone!

3 Likes

This is something that I struggle with heavily right now. So, you are not alone. Some days, truth be told. I don’t have the motivation. I struggle to find the energy to push myself to get up.
But I have found that the easiest way to get up is to open the window, let in the sunshine, bring it some good energy and absorb it. I find it a lot harder to get motivated when the room is gloomy and dark.

Another thing that helps is to get some upbeat music going. Something that feels good. Maybe some coffee if it’s something that you enjoy.

Getting myself into the shower can be something that takes a lot of energy, but combined with the light coming in from the window, a nice fresh shower can really help feed the motivation. Even if at first it doesn’t feel like it.

Some days, nothing helps. I try to be gentle with myself and allow myself to do what I need, and be okay with the little things that I can do. But I also try to set small realistic goals for myself to work on.

I take it one day at a time. Try to target what is making feel so crappy and again, try to set realistic small goals for myself. Some days I do better than others. Some days I don’t do well at all. Just keep trying, keep your head up. Know that you are important, cared for and of value. Be gentle with yourself.

I understand the disconnect. I wish I had better answers to give. But I wanted you to at least know that you aren’t alone in this. <3

2 Likes

@Girl_Scout

What motivates me that I have a purpose in this life. I am created for a reason. God loves me, and He is with me. Regardless of my thoughts, my feelings, and emotions. He will never forsake me. I am here to be the light into someone while they’re in the darkness. I hope you are someone’s light. Thank you for asking. God bless. Stay strong.

2 Likes

My faith does. No matter how bad the day is tomorrow is another day.
1 Like

@Carolyn88 - I love Tenth Ave! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Me too. I heard it on text radio it just really spoke to me

The possibility of making my somehow made friends smile, at least once.