What songs give you hope?

I think it’s a great idea if we use this post to share our favorite songs about hope! We can all find new songs to help us push through whatever struggles we are having.

My favorites include:

The Hell I Overcame- Bad Omens
My Last Semester- The Wonder Years
Proper Dose- The Story So Far
Relapsing- Beartooth

9 Likes

Song threads are always cool. :slight_smile:

If you’re interested, there are some HS collaborative playlists too on Spotify. I need to find the links. Not specifically focused on hope though, but it’s always cool to contribute. :blush:

As for the hope songs, I like to come back to that one when I need some hope/motivation back:

I’m gonna listen to yours. New music is always welcome. Only know the Beartooth one! :hrtlovefist:

3 Likes

#1 This Dark Day- 12 Stones - … I just wanted to say that this song literally saved my life a few times. I listened to it over and over and over and over. Tears are streaming now as I listen to it. I made it thru my darkest day…

Lullaby- Nickelback (ikr nickleback lol)
Skin- Sixx A.M
Break In- Halestorm
life is beautiful- Sixx A.M.
Light Up The Sky- The Afters

5 Likes

Hi @OMAMfan @Micro @Mystrose
You have all such a great taste in music. :blush: :grin:
The Hell I Overcome is great. I loved the whole 2019 album was great and the bonus tracks were even better. :smiling_imp:
I really like the last album from Parkway Drive. Especially Wishing Wells and Shadow Boxing are great. :slightly_smiling_face:
I dont listen that much to Sixx A.M. but I like the songs Skinn, This is gonna Hurt and Prayers for the Dammed. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now for my favorite songs that give me hope during difficult times… :roll_eyes: This is harder that I thought it would be I like so many songs!!! Fine here it goes: (Just a slight warning some of these are still depressive or sad because happy music does not help me usually, I generally like the theme in the deepest darkest the light shines the brightest the first 5 are more optimistic the other 5 are more dark)
All the Pain - In Flames
I Beg to Differ. Billy Talent
Never too Late- Three Days grace
Even tho I Say - Saint Asonia
Aftermath - The Ghost Inside

Pittsburgh.- The Amity Affliction
BMTH-Doomed
Still Broken - Plan three
Gone with the Wind - Architects
Hopeless- Breaking Benjamin

3 Likes

Just remembered like 10 more… I really like too much music. I have like 5k favourite songs on Spotify and I have done almost 300 playlists… I think I might have a problem… :grin:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I left this song out, thank you so much for reminding me. I wish we could see how many times we have listened to songs lol, cuz this would be one of my most listened to songs. I love Three Days Grace too, they are one of my fav groups.

4 Likes

Yeah. They are amazing. Some people dislike Matt as the new singer but I like him even tho I liked Adam very much. Songs like: Fallen Angel, Abyss and Human race prove to me that he is a good singer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have a big list too and music has gotten me thru some pretty bad stuff. All great songs everyone has listed and some I love but never heard before, so thanks!

2 Likes

Music can really help me when I feel down. I completely agree. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I didn’t share that one earlier because I felt that I shared it too much on the Wall with people lol. :hrtcomeon:

But, can’t help it. If there was a “this song has saved me many times”, it would be that one, that live.

There’s everything in it to me. :hrtlegolove:

Also been listening to your music. You all have the best tastes ever. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Well I did not want to mention Linking Park because I feel like everyone knows Linking Park but here it goes. Here is a song called Heavy. Bonus mention to One more light and Breaking the Habbit

2 Likes

What a beautiful song.

PS… So is yours @Ashwell I’ve always loved that song.

1 Like

These songs give me hope. I find that the right metalcore lifts my spirits the most :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As I Lay Dying–Redefined
I reference it all the time here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Flyleaf–Again, Treasure, Arise

Fit For a King–Oblivion, Louder Voice

August Burns Red–Ties That Bind

The new single from We Came As Romans–Darkbloom. If the new album is anywhere near as good as the singles, it might be my new favorite. Also by WCAR, Hope.

I wish I could say there was a song that saved me, but for a long time I used music to stimulate my pain.

3 Likes

My music tastes might be… a little different than a lot of people here but here’s my top 3 on a Playlist I use to remind me to havw hope!

1. Please Don’t Cry -LeBrock (of you k ow me this should not be a surprise lol)
  2. Swim - Jack’s Mannequin
  3. Talk To A Friend -Slaves

Also, I don’t know how to link the post, but if you search ‘Playlist’ you’ll find post with a collaborative Playlist from 2019, and also a post from Danjo listing some HeartSupport Playlist too!

((Not saying we can’t add songs here! Just FYI incase anyone wanted all the music haha))

5 Likes

@Jezliee

I love a lot of different genres and love hearing new stuff. I like all three songs, especially Talk to a Friend. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Someone just recently showed me Talk To A Friend and I’m really really glad they did!

4 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!!
Okokok
THIS ONE
Calm Down by Grand Commander

THIS
May Loving Hands Show You The Way by Grand Commander

AND THIS
Journey To Wherever We May Go by Grand Commander

and then THIS (but this one is an interpreted one.)
Haunt, The Cartoon Heart by Bear Ghost

Calm down is one I REALLLLYYY want to make and animatic of so bad!!! I have so many ideas for it but the main premise is overthinking and just needing something to relax you.

Journey to wherever we may go is one that gives me hope that maybe there is another world out there to find, and I have alot of dreams of trying to find any sort of gate to another world, and last time in dream a dude gave me a clue about it being somewhere in the mountains so now I wanna make an animatic of that too!!

May loving hands show you the way gives me the imagery of someone in an ocean in the sky or cosmos thinking about all the bad things in life but the cosmos cradles them and it all fades away •w•

I wanna do an animatic of all of these.

And lastly Haunt the cartoon heart.
This is a terribly long one:
In this one I see a story of a man growing up to hate his existence, not seeing a purpose in his life due to how bad it ended up. First he looks to his younger self, and thinks about how nice it would be to be young again, without any problems, and then he grows to hate his younger self and his existence, being jealous of how easily his child self was loved and how cared for he was and accepted, and ends up seeking to kill himself when he was a baby to stop his timeline from beginning at all.
He goes on a whole goose chase to kill his child self and when he finally gets his chance he is about 2 feet from landing and time stops and he looks at his child self and sees the possible timeline of him dying as a child and an adult and sees how his mom reacts and realizes how important his life was to his mom even if she didn’t accept him later on, and that she gave him purpose just by giving birth to him and nuturing him as a kid. In the end he didn’t open up to his family enough in time and that’s too late but he can still open up to himself (His mom had died in future btw). Then his younger self accepts him and he accepts his younger self he learns to love himself and they both get out of there together and save eachother from the black abyss they were thrown down.
I REALLY wanna make an animatic of this ^~^
And yes, that’s all of these I love music kdskkssksn
-X

4 Likes

I have to go with REMEMBER from LO KEY

3 Likes

well the songs that gives me hope is called
darkness by disturbed
inside the fire also by disturbed
a reason to fight by disturbed
if i die young by the band perry
and many more