When Tragedy Hits Home

In the early morning hours of July 4th, a car accident took place just a couple of blocks from my house. Two people, one driver (20) & a passenger (18), were traveling together when the driver lost control of the vehicle. The car left the roadway, rolled over, hitting a utility pole (at this point the passenger was ejected from the vehicle) before it came to a stop at the bottom of an embankment. The passenger later died at the hospital while the driver survived with unknown injuries. The police here said the passenger wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and alcohol may have also been a factor. END

I wanted to get it out there because this is the very first time of hearing of this kind tragedy happening in my neighborhood. A very young life is now over because of another’s decision to get behind the wheel while allegedly under the influence. It’s very sad these things happen and are still happening to this day.

2 Likes

Indeed, a real tragedy… Someone lost their life. And someone will have to live with the weight of what happened. Not mentioning their families… That’s terrible.

It’s very sad these things happen and are still happening to this day.

True that - it happens more frequently than we think. And when these accidents happen near where we live and/or to someone we know, it becomes more real. It’s not like “just” yearly statistics anymore.

I’m glad you shared this. It’s also a good reminder to do our best to be safe and make sure our loved ones are safe too, in every circumstance. Every decision makes a difference, even a small one. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.